Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bill Allard on the 45 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I decided a long time ago that if I couldn't do it with a .30-06 it didn't need to be done.
    I had a pre 64 model 70 that started life in .308. That was a little odd as the action is full length. I shot a number of whitetail with it. Then it became a .338-06 went to BC and harvested a goat. Then it became a .30-06, harvested mule deer, and SteveB got it from me, took it to Africa and harvested plains game with it. I then built another Brockman pre 64 .06 and Darryl wrangled it away from me. I think I need another one that I engrave my name on.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I had a pre 64 model 70 that started life in .308. That was a little odd as the action is full length. I shot a number of whitetail with it. Then it became a .338-06 went to BC and harvested a goat. Then it became a .30-06, harvested mule deer, and SteveB got it from me, took it to Africa and harvested plains game with it. I then built another Brockman pre 64 .06 and Darryl wrangled it away from me. I think I need another one that I engrave my name on.
    I love my Model 70, and you are not an insignificant part of why I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I decided a long time ago that if I couldn't do it with a .30-06 it didn't need to be done.
    That, or 700 dollars.

User Tag List