Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TLG Aim Fast, Hit Fast in ATL March 2011

That would explain it.

I went back and looked for the class but didn't see it, I was hoping I wasn't that clueless as to miss something so close.

Aside from the less than ideal weather it looked like fun, but that's March in Georgia. 70 one day and 40 the next.

Thanks TAP

A few more random thoughts:

My round count was around 1100 for the two days. I will get a more accurate count tonight. Bring at least 6 mags. I had 12 and didn't have to rush to fill mags after every drill. Most drills used 2 to 3 mags. There is not a lot of down time in the class.

All of our class was shooting 9mm out of a Glock or M&P. I don't remember any major malfunctions but I did see or hear about a stovepipe and a double feed.

I only had one malfunction with my M&P. I forgot to load a mag before one drill.

ETA: My round count for the two days was right at 1095. My guess from earlier was pretty close.
    Last edited by TAP; 03-08-2011 at 08:06 PM.

I think I prob shot 1200ish rounds. I had 16 mags so wasn't rushed either. I would have had plenty of time though had I only brought half that many with me. I find I always end up re-loading when everyone else is anyway unless I'm talking with someone about a drill or something during a break. I figure I might as well load while all else are loading because I might decide to slack off next time or might need to hit the head. I prob won't bring so many next time. It gets a bit much to keep up with all your gear ... in tight quarters ... on those little tables ... under the tent ... in the rain.

I did have one stovepipe and one double feed. I can't say what caused either but it was prob user induced. I won't blame my Gen4 G19 (with new 04 spring).

Couple of things I decided I needed after this class.
    1. Rite in the Rain pads and a waterproof pen. I didn't take notes this class (but usually do). I wish I had taken notes now as there really was a lot of good info presented .... most of which I have probably already forgotten. Strangely enough I did write my FAST scores on my hand along with a random note, "Mass is a weapon." For some reason I thought that was funny and wrote it down. I have scrubbed and scrubbed and it still won't come off.
    2. A different range bag. I like what I've been using but need something a little more organized that stands up on it's own. I like small bags so I don't over pack. I know what I want so the problem will be remedied by the weekend.
    3. Better/different set of shooting glasses. I am currently using Revision Sawflys which I really like .... except the ear pieces start to hurt my ears after the end of the first day when worn under muffs. I had planned to wear my custom ear molds this class but they do such a good job I can't easily hear the instructor so ended up using my e-muffs.

Thanks for the AAR and pics VolGrad!

I'll echo the previous kudos to TLG for running a very seamless, educational and entertaining class. He appears to have done this a thousand times, yet was genuinely enthusiastic and attentive to the improvement of all of us. It was easily worth the price of admission and I look forward to taking this class again!

A tip of the cap also goes to the rest of the students in attendance; in less than ideal conditions, you guys still were very impressive. I always benefit from shooting in a class with y'all (that's "you all", for those of you from Maryland - north).

The gentleman gracious enough to set this class up deserves a huge "thank you" from all in attendance, as well.

It was my pleasure to sacrifice my own blood for the benefit of the class - glad to help!

Overall, a superb experience, save for one negative comment; to insinuate that some of us need to cut back on caffeine is over the line....

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Nice run! The guy who took the video may have had too much coffee that day. He couldnt hold the camera still

I attended a AFHF last October in Indianapolis and have to say that it was really great. The neat thing about it is that I actually like it more now than what I did right after the class. I think as thing sink in it becomes clearer and makes much more sense. I hope to do Todd proud this year at his GetSOM and low probability high speed (or something like that) later this year. Best money my department ever spent (I would pay for it even if they didn't)

Chip

Sorry moved the pics when I organized my Photobucket account into albums. Links broken so I'm posting them again.

User Tag List