Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Federal Hydra-Shok Deep

I definitely get the desire to improve ammo performance. That's definitely cool looking ammunition, and it may perform a tad better. MSRP $27.95 for 20, certainly the street price will remain well over a buck per cartridge -- I've been known to blow money on stuff, but... LEO contracts may be a different story.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

https://youtu.be/uMcfz1Awmic

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/8EKfiu8vLZU

How does this do in the rest of the FBI Protocol tests? With a great and proven round like the 147 gr HST,I fail to see what the point of this is.

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    How does this do in the rest of the FBI Protocol tests? With a great and proven round like the 147 gr HST,I fail to see what the point of this is.
    According to federal the new round passes all protocols of the testing, I wanna get a box to give it a try... the tips of this new round look identical to a hornady critical duty round with out the polymer tip which I've been testing and has done very well through layers of material I had,
    Last edited by lyodbraun; 02-13-2018 at 07:11 AM.

I just don't get it. Federal has a superbly-performing bullet in the HST. Why would they monkey with a new design? Marketing is the obvious answer, but I hate the idea of them pushing what is a potentially inferior design.
    Daddy loves you. Now go away.

The reason for it might be interest in it for agency contracts. I carry HST in 3 service calibers but it's generally on the low half of the 12-18" scale generally isn't it?

I would rank 2-3" of penetration in test mediums higher than one or a few hundreths of an inch difference in expansion myself.

Whether the new product can deliver that I IDK.
    Last edited by JHC; 02-14-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
    I just don't get it. Federal has a superbly-performing bullet in the HST. Why would they monkey with a new design? Marketing is the obvious answer, but I hate the idea of them pushing what is a potentially inferior design.
    The video I linked (post number 23) covered some of the design thoughts that went into this new bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The video I linked (post number 23) covered some of the design thoughts that went into this new bullet.

Had I stopped to listen to that first I would not have speculated to the point I did in my previous point. It seemed clear from that interview the target is civilian self defense and barriers was less emphasized than the denim/clothing test. He says as much (Mr. Laack)

Thanks!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Anybody see this for sale any place?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List