Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Federal Hydra-Shok Deep

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Name recognition.
    I second this.
    The ammo on the shelves at two gun store/ranges where I shoot has little, if any HST or Gold Dot, but always has HydraShock. I’m thinking that they stock what sells- and all us old guys who came of age in the 80’s and 90’s recognize the HydraShock name. Were it not for this forum, I probably still wouldn’t know any better.

Lest we forget.....HST = Hi-Shok Two

http://www.sgammo.com/product/federa...llow-point-9bp
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    More marketing to a market that's not so profitable these days. I've seen such great results from 124 +P HST and 147 HST that I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon. The same can be said about the 124 +P GDHP.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Is it just me or wouldn't that big honking cone at the tip of the expanded bullet cause it to act more like a round nose and crush less tissue? That would also explain why in penetrates deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkles View Post
    Is it just me or wouldn't that big honking cone at the tip of the expanded bullet cause it to act more like a round nose and crush less tissue? That would also explain why in penetrates deeper.
    I believe Dr. Fackler found similar issues with the post of original Fed. hydrashock ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkles View Post
    Quite the opposite, I've tested critical duty which looks identical to the new federal round as far as the opening without the polymer plug, and it works very well even going through barriers such as heavy clothing..

It looks like the ammo is available.

https://youtu.be/XcJJaga_nYw

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I wonder how it will do with clothing?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I wonder how it will do with clothing?
    Good question. Especially at 935 fps from the Shield.

I often wonder why these YouTube reviews don't include at least one or two rounds through either the FBI or IWBA clothing test. As we all know, the clothing barrier can turn a stellar performer into an FMJ in no time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Perhaps because most YouTube ammo reviews are not in any way legitimate ammo tests...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List