Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: KRG Bravo chassis

I just checked KRG’s site and they show the gen 2 Bravo, but I couldn’t find any info mentioning and differences with the previous version. From their pics, the only thing I could see was the squared off front of the forend and 3 holes above the mag well. I can only assume the holes are for mounting accessories like a spare bullet holder?!?

I emailed the to ask about the differences and I’ll post their response once they reply.

Name:  IMG_0041.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  35.6 KB

I did some online digging and found a thread about it on another forum. A guy bought one and said the new version has threaded brass inserts on the bottom holes to add accessories. With the old gen, you had to remove the polymer cover and insert nut to screw on any accessories.

The three threaded holes above the mag well are for mounting the KRG 2 round quiver or other accessories.

So nothing drastic unless you plan on bolting on a bunch of accessories. I’ll be satisfied with my OLD version…

I got BIT by my stock today! I was picking up the rifle by the hand grip and my finger got caught in the gap between grip and trigger guard. There was a sharp corner on the grip that caught my skin and cut my finger!

A couple swipes with a file and the sharp edge was gone. I still love the stock!

Here’s a photo after I removed the corner.
    Name:  IMG_2632.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  67.5 KB

I abandoned my Howa 1500 Mini 6mm ARC project, but now I’m wondering about doing a build on a Savage 11 Hog Hunter I have lying around unused. If I remember correctly, for 6.5 Creed all I need is a barrel - the bolt head is the same. Not sure about converting a Savage to 6mm ARC. Bravo would be an ideal chassis for this…

I have nothing other than .223 and .308 bolt rifles, and now I have a place to shoot longer ranges.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 03-09-2024 at 08:21 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I abandoned my Howa 1500 Mini 6mm ARC project, but now I’m wondering about doing a build on a Savage 11 Hog Hunter I have lying around unused. If I remember correctly, for 6.5 Creed all I need is a barrel - the bolt head is the same. Not sure about converting a Savage to 6mm ARC. Bravo would be an ideal chassis for this…

I have nothing other than .223 and .308 bolt rifles, and now I have a place to shoot longer ranges.
    For a savage based 6.5 grendel or 6mm arc, you want a ppc bolt head along with the mdt aics mag for those calibers
    https://kinneysshootingsupply.com/ss...-x-39-caliber/

You are correct 6 and 6.5 creed use standard .473 bolt head
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    For a savage based 6.5 grendel or 6mm arc, you want a ppc bolt head along with the mdt aics mag for those calibers
    https://kinneysshootingsupply.com/ss...-x-39-caliber/

You are correct 6 and 6.5 creed use standard .473 bolt head
    Good info, thanks! Now to decide which one makes the most sense for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I just got a response from KRG:

“ The major differences between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 are listed below.

- the bottom of the forend is flat to accommodate full length rails
    - threaded inserts for ease of accessory attachment
    - threaded inserts on the side of the magwell for the KRG quiver system
    - slight change in the forend shape to assist with use of saddle and clamp style rifle supports
    - more pronounced magwell”

User Tag List