Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KRG Bravo chassis

Finally got to the range and sighted in my 6.5 Creedmoor build with the Bravo stock.

Suppressor shit isn’t too bad, red marked holes are without the omega and then unmarked with it installed.

The rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Name:  IMG_2351.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  52.3 KB

I have a KRG Bravo on my Vudoo. I picked it because it was a chassis that looked the most like a real rifle, not a space gun.

Site Supporter
    I ordered a FDE KRG Bravo for my custom barreled action in 6.5 CM. Kept looking at other "chassis" but cannot justify the price over the Bravo. Ordered from Brownells (actually backordered) and got 10% off plus free shipping (through a PF link).

Another Bravo user here. The only thing this stock is missing, IMHO, is folding.

Bringing life to an old thread! I just picked up a BRAVO to try out on my Bergara B14 HMR. I won’t be able to shoot it for a while, but so far, I’m happy with the fit and feel, but I ran into some very minor install issues.

I thought it would be simply securing the two action screws and done, but for my setup, it wasn’t. The first issue was with the captured front action screw. When I was test fitting my action, it seemed that there were only 2-3 rotations before it was hand tight. I checked online and someone else had the same problem. Turns out that there were 2 washers under the screw so one had to be removed. This required removing the 8 screws that secured the polymer forend to the aluminum chassis. Once the forend was removed, there were 2 washers under the front screw. I don’t know if they were suppose to be there or not, but one had to be removed.

If you’re adding any accessories to the bottom of the handguard, it might be easier to do with the action removed from the chassis. I replaced the front sling stud/bipod mount with a section of pic rail. The rail is held on with 2 screws and nuts that nest into inner surface of the aluminum frame.

I tested out some Magpul AICS mags it it and they fit snugly. Almost no movement when the mag is fully seated. The mags don’t drop free and require a tug to get out. I’ve been told that this is a desired feature with bolt actions.

Overall, I’m very happy with the Bravo… for the price, it can’t be beat. Now I have to patiently wait to get some range time with it!!

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I had two Bravos. One for a 700SA and another for a LA. Sold the short (went back to factory stock) and still have the LA. I’ve been very pleased over the years with them. Never had issues and everything has held up well. Customer service was great (one of them...can’t recall...was back ordered and their communication was excellent). I haven’t shot long range in the past few years, but looking forward to digging them out and getting back into it soon.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I’m a fan of the Bravo and KRG products. Once you get used to the system, they work pretty well.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Name:  67105225147__1674C515-FF50-494C-A0DE-C33D75966943.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  98.0 KB

+ 1 on KRG. I love the X-Ray I put my Tikka in. They were great to deal with and the quality is definitely worth the money.

I reached out to KRG about the 2 washers in the front screw and they confirmed that it was normal. They said that it was to ensure the screw did not extend into the chamber area and make contact with the bolt, possibly damaging it.

I visually checked my rig that I set up it’s only 1 washer and the bolt did not extend into chamber. I ran the bolt a few times and could feel no extra friction. I then inspected the bolt annd saw no wear marks. For good measure, I also took the action out of the chassis and took some measurements. My Bergara’s hold depth from surface to bolt was .180”. The screw engagement surface with only 1 washer was .120”.

Out of pure laziness, I left my setup with only one washer.
    Last edited by Pnut; 02-02-2024 at 06:57 PM.

I found another adjustment feature of the Bravo chassis… the trigger guard/mag release. If you remove your action, you’ll see there is one screw that secures the guard to the aluminum frame. If you loosen this screw, the guard/mag release can move foreword or back about 1/16”. Before I adjusted this, my Magpul mags were a really tight fit. I literally had to tug the magazine out. Now they insert and slide out easily.

User Tag List