Views: 1312
Size:  27.5 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Name:  Shipment.jpg
Views: 1312
Size:  27.5 KB
    Oh shit LL, that made my day.

I expect a thorough write up on the Bravo, a Tikka would be sweet in one of those...
    Last edited by Grey; 01-10-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    #RESIST

What scope is on that rifle And how far have You shot?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    What scope is on that rifle And how far have You shot?
    Leupold Mk6 3-18x44 H59 reticle, only 100 with this rifle, one deer killed as well.
    #RESIST

Due to KRG being staffed by frankly, pretty awesome people, I have a Sako Green Bravo en route!

#LooksMatter #ChicksDigIt
    #RESIST

Due to KRG being staffed by frankly, pretty awesome people, I have a Sako Green Bravo en route!

#LooksMatter #ChicksDigIt
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    #RESIST

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Somehow missed this thread when you started it in January. The Sako green is sharp. Is this #2 then, or did you not originally pick up,the black one?

I’ve got two Bravo’s. I got one for the 700SA shortly after it was released in mid-December. I followed that up for one for my LA after that. The LA actually has the Whiskey-3 backbone in it. At the time, that was the only way the LA was available, and I wanted the .308 and the .300 set up identically for the stocks.

I found the adjustable butt pad to be a very nice, and relatiely inexpensive improvement. Makes everything fit better and it alliws for a more natural NPA. The spigot I’m “so-so” on. It gets the bipod a bit further forward, but since I’m not really planning on putting anything else on it, not sure if it was a worthwhile investment for the price. Bag stops on the bottom of the stock are another cheap (they were like $5 IIRC) little tidbit that helps anchor stuff for me shooting prone.

The one negative issue I had was with the cheek rest. On the LA, there isnt enough room to cycle the bolt when the rest is raised to the required position for me. In fact, the allowable adjustment is quite small...about 1/2” I believe. KRG’s suggestion involved the use of a Dremel Tool, which I really didnt believe was the best for me. I ended up building the rest up using dense closed cell sheet hobby foam. 3 layers bonded by contact cement and sanded with 600&800 wet dry. Now, the bolt extends right into the cutout when its at the proper adustment for my face. The SA didnt have the issue obviously and it functions normally with proper clearance.

Overall I have been pleased on the performance. I’m not a “chassis guy” and wanted something to replace the traditional HS stocks I had on each rifle. I’ve shot the .300 out to 1K so far with it, and was pleased with the ergonomics. Hopefully get the .308 out past 100yds soon when the weather up here breaks and I can get out to set up some steel. I’d be interested on your thoughts on the performance on your Sako.

Attachment 24537

Attachment 24541

Site Supporter
    I am looking at stocks and chassis for a Rem 700 SA - people still pleased with this KRG Bravo?

Site Supporter
    Any feedback on the value of a KRG X-Ray stock over a KRG Bravo for Rem 700 SA?

User Tag List