Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: KRG Bravo chassis

Still haven’t had a chance o hit the range to test out the Bravo, but I decided to do a small mod to the stock. In factory form, the rear sling QD cup sit very high. With a sling installed, I noticed the sling hardware digging into my face or body.

I decided to install a GroveTec flush mount QD cup a little lower in the stock. The GroveTec cup worked perfectly because the backing nut is 1/2”. Inside of the stock, there are raised ribs that are a 1/2” apart, so the nut fits snugly between them and holds in place when tightening down the cup.

My only minor gripe with the GroveTec cups are that they are full rotation. I figure they are made this way because if they were limited rotation, pressure on the sling could loosen the cup.

The drill size needed to install the cup was 9/16”. If anyone wants more info on how I measured to get the nut to fit perfectly between the ribs, let me know, and I’ll post.

Factory sling location
    Name:  IMG_2591.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  40.9 KB

New sling location
    Name:  IMG_2592.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  65.4 KB

Correction… the cup’ nut and the spacing between the pins is 3/4”

For those not on social media…
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Any word on what they are changing? From the picture, the only obvious thing I can see is that the front is squared off… the current ones have the first few inches rounded off to accommodate Harris bipods.

I finally got to the range today to test out the Bergara/Bravo setup. The POI change after installing the Bravo… about 4” high and 1” right at 100 yds. Thank goodness I had my bit set with me because I had to disassemble the turrets to re-adjust the zero stop on my Vortex PST.

I’m very happy with the fit, feel, and accuracy with the Bravo. MY Bergara definitely shot the best with Fed GMM. I also shot Hornady ELD Match and PMC Match… all in 168 gn.

FED GMM (the 2 high shots on the cardboard were from pre-zeroing)
    Name:  IMG_2597.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  28.4 KB

Hornady ELD
    Name:  IMG_2600.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  28.6 KB

PMC MATCH
    Name:  IMG_2604.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  31.2 KB

Site Supporter

Sample of one

I recently purchased a Tikka T3X Varmint 223. My local rifle smith chopped the barrel to 20" and threaded the muzzle. I dropped the barreled action into a KRG Bravo. I'm early in load development but, it will shoot 5 rounds of pretty much anything into .4 - .6 MOA.

Name:  20231007_230547.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  71.5 KB

Any word on the gen 2 update?!?

I wish they would do these for the Howa 1500 Mini. Brownells is dumping a lot of barreled actions out there…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Any word on the gen 2 update?!?
    Dropping in 2-4 weeks, that’s all I know from glancing at their social media.

User Tag List