Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T1x RIMFIRE

Tikka T1x RIMFIRE

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.a...mno=BEJRT1X300

Supposed to be up on the Tikka site in 18 more days. Now you know what I know.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Tikka makes a quality rifle, hopefully this will be another.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

So I got a new Tikka T1X a few days ago, on sale for $429, after listening to Talionis rave about his. Added a Vortex Diamondback HP 4-12 scope yesterday, and got it to the range today. Took a few clicks to get it zeroed, then my wife and I shot it at 50 yards, five shots each, with CCI standard velocity ammo. This is what we got.

Name:  7C9592B6-96AE-4E5A-848C-A2AE36D1D894.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  92.7 KB

Trigger seemed a bit heavy, so when we got home, I pulled it out of the stock, and with a 2.5 Allen turned the adjustment counterclockwise to bring the trigger weight down to just over 2 pounds. Threaded barrel, but I didn’t get a chance to attach the suppressor. Seems a great general purpose .22 rifle!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I would probably grab a 10/22 and look no further, but for the sake of interesting discussion, you may want to add the Tikka T1x to you list of things to look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Excellent idea. I'm holding out for them to make it in stainless with a 16.5-inch threaded barrel.
    So, I was thinking about maybe reducing the number of CZ rimfire rifles I have. Checked T1X pricing, and found that the 16.5-inch threaded barrel versions have been available in the US for a couple months now. It's longer than that since I last looked, apparently. Not stainless, but I may compromise. They all seem to be at MAP pricing, at least for now. Will probably get rid of three or so rarely-shot but fun and interesting CZs, then lurk for a favorable price on the Tikka on some holiday sales.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Very opportune timing. I have one of these, and thought it would be the be all and end all of practical .22 bolt rifles. Unfortunately, when I work the bolt vigorously, it has stoppages. My CZ .22 bolts do not. I spoke to Talionis and he is experiencing the same, so it makes me wonder if it is a model problem. Anyone else have one?

Arrow

You guys need a Vudoo

My friend just bought one for his wife. With Center X she shoot some .2" groups at 50 yards.

Bergera has introduced something similar but I have not had a chance to shoot one yet. The cool part is that they are a Remington 700 pattern action so you can put all kinds of different triggers, stocks, etc on them.

I was making first round hits on steel at 320 yards yesterday evening with my T1x. 16.3 mils of elevation.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    You guys need a Vudoo

My friend just bought one for his wife. With Center X she shoot some .2" groups at 50 yards.

Bergera has introduced something similar but I have not had a chance to shoot one yet. The cool part is that they are a Remington 700 pattern action so you can put all kinds of different triggers, stocks, etc on them.
    At $2400 for a rimfire, George may need one of those, but I'm quite sure I don't.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    I was making first round hits on steel at 320 yards yesterday evening with my T1x. 16.3 mils of elevation.
    Have you tried working the bolt vigorously with it?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    At $2400 for a rimfire, George may need one of those, but I'm quite sure I don't.
    $650 for the Bergara 22LR barreled action

It's not going to be a Vudoo but it's a step up from the other stuff on the market.

User Tag List