Thread: Another AR. SOLGW + Geissele + LaRue + B5+ SB Tactical and a smattering of BCM.

Another AR. SOLGW + Geissele + LaRue + B5+ SB Tactical and a smattering of BCM.

I got sucked in by this Upper offering from Brownells so I ordered it and received.

Then I decided to get a SOLGW semi-complete Lower and gave it a LaRue MBT.

This will probably get capped off with a Sandman S that should be soon approaching it's release from jail. The SOLGW NOX making it ready for the Dead Air Muffler convinced me I needed another AR.

Some BCM M-Lock sling hardware and Forward Vertical Grip.

The Forward Vertical Grip and a SBA3 Pistol Brace are the ticket to making it a CT legal "Other".

Optic choice still under consideration.

13" MK4/8 are rare birds. I was surprised to see Geissele bring them back for this. I have a 13" MK4 paired with a 13.9 Criterion barrel, and the fit is great

OP - looks pretty slick. Great pick up.

What is the history of the rail? I vaguely remember Geissele having the bombproof rails and then they changed some stuff and some people said they were not as robust as the former ones.

Is this the rail? Its on their website as for sale.
    https://geissele.com/super-modular-rail-mk8-m-lokr.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post

What is the history of the rail? I vaguely remember Geissele having the bombproof rails and then they changed some stuff and some people said they were not as robust as the former ones.

Is this the rail? Its on their website as for sale.
    https://geissele.com/super-modular-rail-mk8-m-lokr.html

The mk4/8 rails are pretty sturdy, but the mk16 seems less so, IMO. I know there has been discussions on the mk16 rails bending after being dropped. I have a couple of each.

and, yes, that's the correct rail you linked, but notice they don't have a 13.0" option to purchase. The popular 13.7" and 13.9" barrels are too short to work nicely with the 13.5" rail

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The mk4/8 rails are pretty sturdy, but the mk16 seems less so, IMO. I know there has been discussions on the mk16 rails bending after being dropped. I have a couple of each.

and, yes, that's the correct rail you linked, but notice they don't have a 13.0" option to purchase. The popular 13.7" and 13.9" barrels are too short to work nicely with the 13.5" rail
    AHHHH gotcha. thanks bro.

User Tag List