Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T1x RIMFIRE

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Have you tried working the bolt vigorously with it?
    I only have about 300 rds through it but yes. Just last Saturday was doing timed barricade drills so I was running it as fast as I could.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    $650 for the Bergara 22LR barreled action

It's not going to be a Vudoo but it's a step up from the other stuff on the market.
    A nicer .22 is on my list of wants but a Vudoo isn’t in the cards. Will the Bergara use the KRG Bravo or MDT Oryx chassis?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    A nicer .22 is on my list of wants but a Vudoo isn’t in the cards. Will the Bergara use the KRG Bravo or MDT Oryx chassis?
    Anything that will take a Remgton 700 short action should take the Vudoo or Bergara barreled actions.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    It works with any 700 chassis. KRG also makes a Bravo for the T1X and the CZ457, so there are quite a few rimfire options if you like that chassis.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There is a lot of discussion at rimfirecentral.com and an 80+ page thread over on the Hide. So I'll probably be digesting those to see what I can learn about feeding issues and fixes before dropping half a G on this thing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Keep us updated. I’ve been leaving towards a T1x in a KRG Bravo but an open to other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    There is a lot of discussion at rimfirecentral.com and an 80+ page thread over on the Hide. So I'll probably be digesting those to see what I can learn about feeding issues and fixes before dropping half a G on this thing.
    Look forward to your synopsis!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My last rimfire bolt gun was a T1x in 22lr. I put it in a Bravo with a Sterk swept bolt handle. The gun shoots remarkably well for a factory gun. No problems running it hard. I shoot it a bunch at "long range" rimfire steel. I do shoot better quality rimfire ammo through it though.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Look forward to your synopsis!
    Well, I spent about an hour reading with virtually zero actionable intelligence acquired.

From what I did gather, there's a loose consensus that feeding issues seem to be related to the ejector wire and how it is shaped. Like it interferes with the rise of the top round as the round moves forward. So people bend it, and if you look at ten different rifles where people have done something to it and are OK with the results, you are likely to see 8-12 different versions of "how to bend it."

It reminded me how much the great dempanic selloff is making me happy that along with the hardware go to-do lists consisting mostly of fiddle-frackery that I'm not really interested in doing. Solidified my thinking that I ought to sell the excess .22s and put a case or two through each of the remaining ones before buying another.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I've now had two range sessions with my new T1x. Mine is setup for precision rimfire competition in a KRG Bravo chassis and Vortex PST2 5-25. The barrel looks really skinny in the KRG's massive barrel channel, but it still seems to shoot great. I've only taken it out to 200 yards so far, but it seems to shoot Lapua Midas+, CenterX, SK Match, and Federal UM well with a slight edge to Midas+ (all 50 yard groups with Midas+ were around or under .5" with the best under .25"). Haven't had the feeding issues mentioned here yet, but I'll certainly keep an eye on it.

User Tag List