View Poll Results: If you'd travel to North Mississippi for training:

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd attend a Friday/Saturday class if the instructor appealed

14 77.78%
  • Friday/Saturday classes are a "no go."

2 11.11%
  • I'd be willing to train on a spartan range in someone's backyard for a Saturday/Sunday format

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Class Scheduling Poll

Class Scheduling Poll

I'd like to start to host some worthwhile trainers in the northern Mississippi area. I have access to a very nice range (close to hotels/restaurants, nice restrooms, classrooms, separate rifle range, etc) but it doesn't look like it's available on Sundays. This would mean that "weekend" classes would have to run Friday/Saturday. I also have access to a small, unimproved range on private land that would be available Saturday/Sunday.

For a variety of reasons, I'd prefer to run classes at the nice range but I don't know if the Friday/Saturday format would be a deal ender. Thoughts?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    If it's a worthwhile class, I can finagle a day off work. It'd be a little inconvenient, but not a deal breaker.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Where I live, I have to travel to attend any training. I'm retired, too, so the time frame isn't that big a deal.

Site Supporter
    Friday/Saturday would not be a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Honestly I wish there were opportunities during the middle of the week--I work Fri-Mon so weekend classes and matches are really hard to get to. But Fri-Sat is better than Sat-Sun.

Edit: oops, missed the "if you would travel" part... can't do that...
    Last edited by gtae07; 01-03-2018 at 04:53 AM.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

John, speaking from an instructor's viewpoint, I'd say go for the nicer facility and the Friday-Saturday scheduling. It's been my experience that anyone serious won't mind a weekday off work if they're local, and anyone coming in from a distance can most likely adjust their schedule by a day (and might not even mind staying around Sunday for sightseeing or to take in a local match or something). You'll get more complaints about a crappy venue than you will an extra weekday. We often have to schedule "away from Sundays," particularly in the deep South and in Utah, and it doesn't seem to hurt attendance.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I rotate 6 on/3 off. I appreciate weekday training opportunities.

How far north? I live in New Orleans, but anywhere in Miss. should be fine.

Tupelo, MS area.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

That's doable, count me in as interested. I work 7 days on/7 days off, so it's hit or miss depending on my schedule. Looking forward to what you come up with. I'm thinking about going to a Dave Spaulding course in Beaumont, in April, how soon will this take off?

User Tag List