Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New 11# Beretta Hammer Springs Coming!

OK, the link to the 11# hammer spring is up on the website.

https://www.langdontactical.com/stor...er_Spring.html
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Did some OT so I'll be placing an order for a few plus some other things on your site while I'm at it when I get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Hammer weight plays a big role as does the location of where the weight is on the hammer.

I am doing some testing right now to try and figure out what the best combos are for the 92 and the PX4. I have already figured out that some of my previous assumptions where wrong. For example, the PX4 hammer is lighter than the Elite II hammer. It's even lighter than the original Elite hammer, which is not reliable at all with light springs. Yet the PX4 hammer seems to be very reliable. But the weight of that hammer is positioned differently than any of the other Beretta factory hammers.

More to follow as I need the use of some equipment that I don't have to properly test things.
    Which PX4 hammer(s) have you tested? The skeleton style, the solid style, the C hammer, the D hammer, or the LTT hammer?

Will order one tomorrow and check it out. I’m almost in disbelief here. The trigger on my PX4 CC can be improved? Didn’t think that was possible. It’s already head & shoulders better than any TDA system my fingers have ever stroked. That includes my 229 which went thru the Sig custom shop treatment.

Tried to pre-order several times. After filling in the cc info, getting this message

Accept.js encryption failed.

Anyone had same problem?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Ordered two this morning.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Beats me. Tried again today, two different cards, same error message.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Beats me. Tried again today, two different cards, same error message.
    The orders are coming in, so I don't know what the issue might be?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Which PX4 hammer(s) have you tested? The skeleton style, the solid style, the C hammer, the D hammer, or the LTT hammer?
    Just working with DA/SA hammers for now. The Standard PX4 hammer and the LTT Spurless hammer.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I have taken the plunge and ordered some custom chrome silicon 11-pound hammer springs for the Beretta. These springs will fit both the 92 and the PX4.

Since I now have well over 100k through PX4s with the 12-pound spring and the fact that I have cut a few coils off of some 12-pound springs for testing, I am confident that the PX4 will run well with this lighter hammer spring. Exactly how well remains to be seen.

This 11-pound spring should simply be magic in a PX4, and on the very harry edge in a 92 for you guys running a 92 competition gun. My guess is about a 6 to 6.5 pound DA on the PX4 and likely a 5 to 5.5 pound DA on the 92 (maybe even little lighter with polishing and trigger work).

I am going to have to charge a little bit more for these springs because of the cost to get them made and the heavy investment up front, but the price should drop if they are popular enough.

Hopefully, a bunch of you will order these spring for two reasons;
    One, I am spending a bunch of money to have them made.
    Two, I need the feedback on a bunch of guns on how well they work.

We should have a link up on the website today to pre-order them. They should be ready to ship in early February.

Let me know what you think.
    You know, you might be the best salesman Beretta has going. First, you (and Bill Wilson) have started turning the 92 series from a nicely designed firearm with much too heavy of a trigger pull, into perhaps the best fullsize DA/SA pistol around.

Now you are turning the PX4--the PX4 of all things!--into a preferred carry gun.

I'm hoping you are getting a commission from Beretta because you now have me wondering whether I need a small PX4 (a PX4 of all things!).

Even five years ago I never would have thought such a thing possible.

User Tag List