Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: New 11# Beretta Hammer Springs Coming!

Spring updates

Quote Originally Posted by NukeRef View Post
    Storm Tracker, are you still keeping track?

I put another 100 rounds through my PX4 Compact today without a burp.

Remington UMC 115 gr. FMJ; 50 rds.
    CCI Blazer Brass 115 gr. FMJ; 45 rds.
    Yes I am, thanks! That is a good report.

I have been testing the 11# spring meanwhile. I have a 10# spring, but am awaiting more positive reports like yours.

So far, in testing the 11# spring I have the following results:

In my PX4 Storm 9, full size I have 1,101 rounds with no light strikes, using Federal Champion 115 grn FMJs.

In my SubCompact PX4 9 I had to remove the 11# spring after 14,350 rounds, as it was getting frequent light strikes. When we switched it back to the old D spring the light strikes stopped. All brands of ammo were used throughout this ammo shortage.

I have 22,389 rounds on the 11# spring in my PX4 .45 with no light strikes. I have been using various brands, S&B FMJ, PMC FMJ and Federal Champion hard ball & Winchester white box FMJ, all 230 grn.

This references to the 10# spring, in that, if the 11# is getting light strikes.... I am awaiting more positive reports before trying the 10# spring.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 01-08-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Your killing me langdon. I just ordered a rdo slide tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Yes I am, thanks! That is a good report. <snip>

This references to the 10# spring, in that, if the 11# is getting light strikes.... I am awaiting more positive reports before trying the 10# spring.
    For what it's worth, the 10# hammer spring is the only change I have made (other than the carry decocker levers), still running the stock PX4 Compact hammer. No spurless, no match grade, no lightweight skeletonized ... just pure stock weight. I'm sure that's part of the equation.

Stock

For what it's worth, the 10# hammer spring is the only change I have made (other than the carry decocker levers), still running the stock PX4 Compact hammer. No spurless, no match grade, no lightweight skeletonized ... just pure stock weight. I'm sure that's part of the equation.
    In my range pistols I have the same setup: only Carry levers, low profile slide catch and hammer spring change. So, I am running the same stock hammer, also.

Well, the stock PX4 hammer is already a lightweight one. Plus, it has the reinforced part in the middle that provides a bunch of strength.

Another 100

I put yet another 100 rounds through my PX4 Compact with the 10# hammer spring today, once again without a burp.

Federal Syntech 150 gr. TSJ; 50 rds.
    CCI Blazer Brass 115 gr. FMJ; 50 rds.

User Tag List