Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New 11# Beretta Hammer Springs Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Roger that. I was specifically referring to just the 92 series guns and going below 14 lbs in a carry gun. I’ve had great luck with your TJIAB and 14lb spring in 2 different 92-series guns (92 FS and M9A3) and across a variety of ammo. There is a side of me that wants to try the Wilson 13lb spring under the logic that the Wilson trigger bar may allow 100% reliability. I’ve resisted that temptation just for the extra piece of mind.
    I don't think you'll have a problem with the Wilson 13# CS spring and the Wilson trigger bar in your 92. My experience has been solid with that setup, even without the Wilson hammer. Dipping below 13# hasn't been as reliable for me, and I had hoped the Wilson hammer would help with that. I need to put a few boxes of Speer Gold Dot through my pistol with the 12# before I'd be confident in it for carry, but the light strike with the Speer Lawman TMJ has me hesitant (to your point about peace of mind), which is why I was asking about the Speer Gold Dot (specifically G2) primers. 12# has been 100% with Federal primers so far.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I don't think you'll have a problem with the Wilson 13# CS spring and the Wilson trigger bar in your 92. My experience has been solid with that setup, even without the Wilson hammer. Dipping below 13# hasn't been as reliable for me, and I had hoped the Wilson hammer would help with that. I need to put a few boxes of Speer Gold Dot through my pistol with the 12# before I'd be confident in it for carry, but the light strike with the Speer Lawman TMJ has me hesitant (to your point about peace of mind), which is why I was asking about the Speer Gold Dot (specifically G2) primers. 12# has been 100% with Federal primers so far.
    Thanks. I may give it a try down the road. Having spent close to 1,000 rounds over the past couple of weeks between the 2 guns with a TJIAB + 14lb springs, overcoming the psychological inertia of starting over with 13lb springs is a bit much right now.

On the other hand, I have enough experience with these 2 guns to say that Mr. Langdon’s TJIAB is well worth investment. It greatly improves the smoothness of the pull and shortens the reset a bit. It’s a no brained for people with several 92s and the need for an affordable method to greatly improve the quality of the trigger.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

EDT: I do not YET have a PX4 compact carry, but I’m working to correct that deficiency. Do you happen to have an instillation video for your PX4 TJIAB like your 92-series video? I looked on your website and YouTube but came up with nada.

While not specifically on the hammer (it doesn't show not completely pushing the pin out for trigger bar replacement, so your not fighting the trigger spring), this is the one of his I would say covers most of it:

I have enough experience with these 2 guns to say that Mr. Langdon’s TJIAB is well worth investment. It greatly improves the smoothness of the pull and shortens the reset a bit. It’s a no brained for people with several 92s and the need for an affordable method to greatly improve the quality of the trigger.
    I just installed the TJIAB in a M9 and the trigger pull is amazing--extremely smooth. I'm going to test both 14 and 13 lb mainsprings, but the TJIAB is a fantastic upgrade on a pistol that has a lot of advantages but has been held back somewhat by its trigger.

I've now tested the M9 and it is awesome. I started with a 14# spring, but decided to jump down to the 12#. The 14# felt very smooth; the 12# is very smooth and light. The DA pull is under 7lbs; the SA pull is--if my trigger gauge can be trusted at all--slightly less than 2.75lbs.

I figured that it wouldn't reliably bust primers, but so far I've put though 60 rounds of 147 gr. HST; and 240 rounds of assorted 115 gr. FMJ. No misfires or any other problems.

I let some other vets fire it and they uniformly said this was the way the military should have had the pistol set up in the first place (my own thought for a military gun would be to use the 14# hammer spring, not the 12#, just in case and because springs wear out).

But the trigger job in a bag with any of the hammer springs really does turn the Beretta 92 platform into an amazing pistol. I'm hoping to be able to shoot it again this weekend, and then put a bunch of rounds through it to see how it holds up.

Anyway, for anyone who kinda, somewhat, maybe likes Berettas, but have been put off by the triggers, you really ought to try the TJIAB.

Old thread, but just ordered the 11# spring for my new-to-me PX4 full size. It was a police gun, so broken in with a very smooth DA/SA pull. I'm very curious what this spring will do to the pull!

Long term use?

@LangdonTactical How many rounds have you got on the 11# spring you put in your PX4 Storm? Any light strikes? If so, how many?

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    @LangdonTactical How many rounds have you got on the 11# spring you put in your PX4 Storm? Any light strikes? If so, how many?
    I’m not trying to answer for LTT but I have a have gone through over a case of Fiocchi 115gr ball with no failures with my Px4 CC & SC using the LTT 11# hammer spring. No failures or light strikes. I also dry fire quite a bit for training. I’ve made my personal judgment of “good to go” for carry with this spring.

Good info

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I’m not trying to answer for LTT but I have a have gone through over a case of Fiocchi 115gr ball with no failures with my Px4 CC & SC using the LTT 11# hammer spring. No failures or light strikes. I also dry fire quite a bit for training. I’ve made my personal judgment of “good to go” for carry with this spring.
    Thanks

I put in the 11# spring in my Wilson Centurion Tactical, ran 300 rounds of American Eagle 124 and 147 and some Atlanta Arms Select 147, no failures. I hear Federal is supposed to be the softest primers, not sure what Atlanta Arms uses.

DA trigger is now a smooth long roll vs. with the D spring were it felt like a distinctly increasing effort as you pulled until the wall.

User Tag List