Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New 11# Beretta Hammer Springs Coming!

New 11# Beretta Hammer Springs Coming!

I have taken the plunge and ordered some custom chrome silicon 11-pound hammer springs for the Beretta. These springs will fit both the 92 and the PX4.

Since I now have well over 100k through PX4s with the 12-pound spring and the fact that I have cut a few coils off of some 12-pound springs for testing, I am confident that the PX4 will run well with this lighter hammer spring. Exactly how well remains to be seen.

This 11-pound spring should simply be magic in a PX4, and on the very harry edge in a 92 for you guys running a 92 competition gun. My guess is about a 6 to 6.5 pound DA on the PX4 and likely a 5 to 5.5 pound DA on the 92 (maybe even little lighter with polishing and trigger work).

I am going to have to charge a little bit more for these springs because of the cost to get them made and the heavy investment up front, but the price should drop if they are popular enough.

Hopefully, a bunch of you will order these spring for two reasons;
    One, I am spending a bunch of money to have them made.
    Two, I need the feedback on a bunch of guns on how well they work.

We should have a link up on the website today to pre-order them. They should be ready to ship in early February.

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 01-02-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I plan to order a couple to try out.

Also good for a couple between the 2 mod 4’s, 1 regular CC, and the FS I ordered a TIG for.

Just keeps getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I have taken the plunge and ordered some custom chrome silicon 11-pound hammer springs for the Beretta. These springs will fit both the 92 and the PX4.

Since I now have well over 100k through PX4s with the 12-pound spring and the fact that I have cut a few coils off of some 12-pound springs for testing, I am confident that the PX4 will run well with this lighter hammer spring. Exactly how well remains to be seen.

This 11-pound spring should simply be magic in a PX4, and on the very harry edge in a 92 for you guys running a 92 competition gun. My guess is about a 6 to 6.5 pound DA on the PX4 and likely a 5 to 5.5 pound DA on the 92 (maybe even little lighter with polishing and trigger work).

I am going to have to charge a little bit more for these springs because of the cost to get them made and the heavy investment up front, but the price should drop if they are popular enough.

Hopefully, a bunch of you will order these spring for two reasons;
    One, I am spending a bunch of money to have them made.
    Two, I need the feedback on a bunch of guns on how well they work.

We should have a link up on the website today to pre-order them. They should be ready to ship in early February.

Let me know what you think.
    On the 92 what hammer would be best paired with these new springs? I’ve had a few light strikes with my Elite 2 hammer/13# hammer spring in my Elite 2. I know on the CZ side of things that they usually pair longer firing pins with Uber light hammer springs to aid in reliability.
    Shoot more, post less...

I would be in for five for my PX4CC’s.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

In for three, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    On the 92 what hammer would be best paired with these new springs? I’ve had a few light strikes with my Elite 2 hammer/13# hammer spring in my Elite 2. I know on the CZ side of things that they usually pair longer firing pins with Uber light hammer springs to aid in reliability.
    Well, there are quite a few factors that come into play. One that I have seen a lot is dirt or bad oil in the firing pin channel. Certain "natural" oils that can break down over time cause issues in the firing pin channel and will cause light strikes, on any guns. Also, using solvents, such as Hoppe's bore cleaner, to clean your gun can cause all kinds of issues.

Trigger bars that do not fully cock the hammer in Double Action also tend to cause the same issue.

Hammer weight plays a big role as does the location of where the weight is on the hammer.

I am doing some testing right now to try and figure out what the best combos are for the 92 and the PX4. I have already figured out that some of my previous assumptions where wrong. For example, the PX4 hammer is lighter than the Elite II hammer. It's even lighter than the original Elite hammer, which is not reliable at all with light springs. Yet the PX4 hammer seems to be very reliable. But the weight of that hammer is positioned differently than any of the other Beretta factory hammers.

More to follow as I need the use of some equipment that I don't have to properly test things.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Thanks for the explanation and I’d like a few to test for myself! In for 3 to start...maybe more if they run well in my 92s!
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I would be in for five for my PX4CC’s.
    Show off
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I only use my 92s for competition (92A1 and an Elite I) and I will try a couple. I found I prefer the trigger pull with a 1911 mainspring over any of the Wilson springs or the 'D' spring. I don't have a way to measure the trigger pull and the Wilson #12 spring may have resulted in a lighter DA trigger pull but the 1911 spring felt better (whatever that means). I do have a Wilson #12 spring in my Px4CC.

User Tag List