Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: New 11# Beretta Hammer Springs Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    Looks like LTT put the #10 spring up on the web store!
    Thanks for the heads up! On my way to the LTT interweb site now to get a couple heading my way.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! On my way to the LTT interweb site now to get a couple heading my way.
    Yes, The 10 lb spring is up on the website as is the new OP trigger bar for the PX4!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yes, The 10 lb spring is up on the website as is the new OP trigger bar for the PX4!
    Sweet! Thanks! I’ve got one on the way. Looking forward to giving it a test drive.
    Last edited by medmo; 05-02-2020 at 05:29 AM.

10# spring

Does anyone have any test results with round counts and performance for the new 10# hammer spring in a PX4?

10# Hammer Spring in a PX4

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Does anyone have any test results with round counts and performance for the new 10# hammer spring in a PX4?
    I finally got my hands on a PX4 Compact through an online dealer. Not a GEL, so the first thing I did was go to LTT to replace those "wings" with Carry Levers. While I was on the site, I saw that a 10# spring was available, so I included one in my order. I went to the range and put 200 rounds through my new Beretta with the 10# spring. NO failures. I used the following ammo:

Federal American Eagle 124 gr. FMJ; 25 rds.
    Federal Syntech 124 gr. TSJ; 15 rds.
    Remington UMC 147 gr. FMJ; 20 rds.
    Remington UMC 115 gr. FMJ; 50 rds.
    CCI Blazer Brass 115 gr. FMJ; 45 rds.
    CCI/Speer Training 115 gr. FMJ; 45 rds.

My experience with the factory spring was dry-fire only while I waited for a chance to get to the range. My parts from Langdon got here first, so in they went!

Site Supporter
    Don't know how I missed this. I put one in my PX4 D and ran about 100 rounds of my handloads (CCI 500 primers) with no issues. Out of 50 rounds of Winchester NATO-spec hardball, one required a second strike to fire. If I were to stick with standard commercial ammo or handloads with standard small pistol primers, I'd happily leave it in there. My current situation requires using small rifle primers for my next batch of 9x19 handloads, so I'll be going back to heavier hammer springs.

11#

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Don't know how I missed this. I put one in my PX4 D and ran about 100 rounds of my handloads (CCI 500 primers) with no issues. Out of 50 rounds of Winchester NATO-spec hardball, one required a second strike to fire. If I were to stick with standard commercial ammo or handloads with standard small pistol primers, I'd happily leave it in there. My current situation requires using small rifle primers for my next batch of 9x19 handloads, so I'll be going back to heavier hammer springs.
    Interestingly enough, yesterday we removed the 11# spring from our PX4 SubCompact. After 14,350 rounds of good ignition with different brands of ammo it started getting light strikes frequently with Winchester white box. We took the same lot of ammo and fired hundreds through our PX4 Compact with an old D spring and my shooting partner's PX4 full size with an old D spring and all ammo ignited just fine... no light strikes.

We put the earlier D spring back in the SubCompact with 500 rounds on it and will start testing tomorrow.

I have 16,089 rounds on the 11# spring in my PX4 .45 range pistol with no light strikes on a variety of ammo, including Winchester white box.

Interestingly enough, yesterday we removed the 11# spring from our PX4 SubCompact. After 14,350 rounds of good ignition with different brands of ammo it started getting light strikes frequently with Winchester white box. We took the same lot of ammo and fired hundreds through our PX4 Compact with an old D spring and my shooting partner's PX4 full size with an old D spring and all ammo ignited just fine... no light strikes.

We put the earlier D spring back in the SubCompact with 500 rounds on it and will start testing tomorrow.

I have 16,089 rounds on the 11# spring in my PX4 .45 range pistol with no light strikes on a variety of ammo, including Winchester white box.
    It would be interesting to see the results of testing the 11# spring after a detailed strip and clean. Agree?

Detailed cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    It would be interesting to see the results of testing the 11# spring after a detailed strip and clean. Agree?
    I agree. In this case it had a 100% disassembly for detailed cleaning 3,050 rounds ago. After the next detailed cleaning we could try putting the 11# spring back in. However, if after only 3,000 rounds it would need a re-cleaning to run that spring it would become impractical for us to have to clean more frequently to keep the spring working.

10# Spring in my PX4 Compact

Storm Tracker, are you still keeping track?

I put another 100 rounds through my PX4 Compact today without a burp.

Remington UMC 115 gr. FMJ; 50 rds.
    CCI Blazer Brass 115 gr. FMJ; 45 rds.

User Tag List