Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New 11# Beretta Hammer Springs Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    I’m up to a bit over 4,200 rounds on my px4ccs with 11 lb hammer springs, without issue.
    But with what ammo? Anything with particularly hard primers?

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    But with what ammo? Anything with particularly hard primers?
    Nah, not really. Lots of Fiocchi 115, federal xm9001, and lawman 115 with a bit of lawman 124.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I am doing some testing right now to try and figure out what the best combos are for the 92 and the PX4. I have already figured out that some of my previous assumptions where wrong. For example, the PX4 hammer is lighter than the Elite II hammer. It's even lighter than the original Elite hammer, which is not reliable at all with light springs. Yet the PX4 hammer seems to be very reliable. But the weight of that hammer is positioned differently than any of the other Beretta factory hammers.
    What is it about the PX4 geometry that makes it so much more reliable with lighter weight hammer springs?

I've been reflecting on 92 hammer options recently. I haven't seen any material difference between the Elite II and Wilson hammers in the 92 when it comes to igniting primers. If the E2 won't light it, the Wilson won't either. Weight clearly isn't everything when it comes to hammer impact.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    What is it about the PX4 geometry that makes it so much more reliable with lighter weight hammer springs?

I've been reflecting on 92 hammer options recently. I haven't seen any material difference between the Elite II and Wilson hammers in the 92 when it comes to igniting primers. If the E2 won't light it, the Wilson won't either. Weight clearly isn't everything when it comes to hammer impact.
    Weight and speed are a factor. The geometry of the PX4 hammer strut is different, giving it more energy with a lighter hammer spring. The firing pin the PX4 is also slightly different.

Lots of moving parts for sure. I am running an 11lb hammer spring in my current full-size PX4, with the lightest hammer (the standard PX4 hammer) and it runs everything. My 92 with a 12lb hammer spring and an Elite Hammer gives me occasional light strikes with certain ammo.

That said, the trigger in the 92 with the 12lb hammer spring is simply amazing!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Weight and speed are a factor. The geometry of the PX4 hammer strut is different, giving it more energy with a lighter hammer spring. The firing pin the PX4 is also slightly different.

Lots of moving parts for sure. I am running an 11lb hammer spring in my current full-size PX4, with the lightest hammer (the standard PX4 hammer) and it runs everything. My 92 with a 12lb hammer spring and an Elite Hammer gives me occasional light strikes with certain ammo.

That said, the trigger in the 92 with the 12lb hammer spring is simply amazing!
    It is hard to imagine that the 92 could be even better. I got to try out mine at the LGS and it is unbelievably smooth and light. Reset is UNREAL BTW. I plan to carry mine though, so 13lb it is.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    It is hard to imagine that the 92 could be even better. I got to try out mine at the LGS and it is unbelievably smooth and light. Reset is UNREAL BTW. I plan to carry mine though, so 13lb it is.
    If you were choosing an OWB holster for your Beretta 92, from a maker such as, lets say, 5 Shot Leather, what would it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    If you were choosing an OWB holster for your Beretta 92, from a maker such as, lets say, 5 Shot Leather, what would it look like?
    Concealment or range type rig? Concealment would depend on body type and carry position. For range use, they all work, but the Speed Scabbard is the bomb...it is REALLY fast.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I’d recommend JM Custom Kydex
    https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

He’s made 3 holsters for me - OWB for LTT Elite, OWB for 9w Compact, and IWB for the Compact. All excellent quality, and reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’d recommend JM Custom Kydex
    https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

He’s made 3 holsters for me - OWB for LTT Elite, OWB for 9w Compact, and IWB for the Compact. All excellent quality, and reasonably priced.
    Did I do something to upset you?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Did I do something to upset you?
    Um, no.

If you are the maker for 5Shot leather, I guess I inadvertently jumped into an inquiry meant only for you.

I was just giving an honest recommendation.

I genuinely apologize if I stepped in where I shouldn’t have and caused offense.

User Tag List