Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RFI: Arizona

I’ve lived in Payson now for 12 years and believe it is has about the perfect climate in AZ. It is centrally located. I can drive to Phoenix/Scottsdale in 1.5 hours, Flagstaff in 2 and Tucson in 3 hours. It is surrounded by National Forest and is limited in growth. Not a lot of jobs locally, you either need to be self employed, retired or willing to commute to the valley for work. Great local range and shooting club just outside of town. Town has basic day to day shopping and restaurants but if you want anything fancy or Costco/Sams Club/Trader Joe’s you’ll need to drive to the valley. Prescott has better shopping, but has grown tremendously over the past 20 years.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Does anyone have any experience from a retirement perspective, how is Oro Valley?

It seems to have a mix of various priced housing and seems far enough away from Tucson and has a range nearby from the realtor apps.

My window to move/retire is 5 to 7 years but considering getting a less expensive second place in AZ sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Does anyone have any experience from a retirement perspective, how is Oro Valley?

It seems to have a mix of various priced housing and seems far enough away from Tucson and has a range nearby from the realtor apps.

My window to move/retire is 5 to 7 years but considering getting a less expensive second place in AZ sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have non-retiree friends who live in Oro Valley. Beautiful area, varied housing availability.

This thread isn't helping me be content to stay in NW PA. Tick ridden and currently frozen. I've been eyeing AZ, NM, and TX for a while.

I need to put together a family vacation down that way to get the ball rolling. What is the best time of year to vacation in say AZ? I assume middle of summer is not good for sightseeing.

I'd love to head down there now as we are bracing for some sub-zero temps the next few days.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    This thread isn't helping me be content to stay in NW PA. Tick ridden and currently frozen. I've been eyeing AZ, NM, and TX for a while.

I need to put together a family vacation down that way to get the ball rolling. What is the best time of year to vacation in say AZ? I assume middle of summer is not good for sightseeing.

I'd love to head down there now as we are bracing for some sub-zero temps the next few days.
    Now is the perfect time to visit AZ, NM, TX, particularly if you're coming from the NE. Early this week, DFW "suffered with" highs in the low twenties. Now highs are back in the 50's.

Summers here suck.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post

I'm south of Tucson. The low last night was 41, when I took the trash to the curb before work, I was barefoot in my jammies and it was 49. The high is expected to be in the low sixties. We've had exactly one cold snap so far this winter - I mean, the low was below 30! And the high was under 50!

There is a reason we have a lot more northern state license plates running around in the winter.

User Tag List