Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA has added carry optics

Carry Optics for IDPA

The updated CO provisional rules do allow for SAO, DA/SA and DA guns with magwells.
    The provisional rules do need to be cleaned up regarding language.
    But the way to figure out allowed mods: Rule 1.1.2.A refers to an unmodified gun in SSP, ESP, CDP or CCP.
    You can then modify it according to the CO Provisional rules as listed.

Custom guns get kinda tricky. It will depend on the type of mod. If you have a question about a custom gun for CO, please write your Area Coordinator.

The good news is that SAO and DA/SA are now legal....that made a lot of people happy.

http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/a3nozfcz.rcs.pdf

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Cody,

If you want some feedback to share with the brass at IDPA, they need to allow slide serrations and non-oem windows for a couple of reasons:

1. Attracting people who already have guns done with red dots rarely stop at just a red dot cut. Slide serrations, etc are often added. Not allowing them will exclude people from hopping into the sport.
    2. Not allowing non-oem windows does the same thing and gives advantages to manufacturers like Sig, Walther, and S&W who specifically include slide cuts vs Glock Owners who do not and often add them when they get their guns milled. Again this may dissuade these owners from joining the sport.
    3. No one ever won a match because of their window cuts or slide serrations so who really cares?
    4. Saying that we don't want the division or sport to turn into a arms race is moot. If you bought a red dot pistol, you are full on in the race.
    Last edited by AsianJedi; 03-28-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Off-topic, I know: but when will we get freakin 8-shot revolvers???

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Off-topic, I know: but when will we get freakin 8-shot revolvers???
    When Wilson Combat starts making a custom 627, duh.

(I kid, I kid)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    When Wilson Combat starts making a custom 627, duh.

(I kid, I kid)
    Not the first time I’ve heard that, lol!

Got an e-mail from the Walkin' in Memphis Tier 3 match that they have added CO to the program, and if we want to change divisions let them know.

If you think Wilson set up IDPA to flog pistols, show up with your Tactical Elite and see if they let you play.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Got an e-mail from the Walkin' in Memphis Tier 3 match that they have added CO to the program, and if we want to change divisions let them know.

If you think Wilson set up IDPA to flog pistols, show up with your Tactical Elite and see if they let you play.
    CORRECTION
    It is the Mississippi Showdown that has added IDPA CO.

Calm down, no one actually seriously thinks that. It’s just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Calm down, no one actually seriously thinks that. It’s just a joke.
    Maybe no one HERE. I have read and heard people to get right irate over it.

Maybe no one HERE. I have read and heard people to get right irate over it.
    Well to be fair, some people can barely tie their own shoes and probably shouldn’t be allowed on the internet.

User Tag List