Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA has added carry optics

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    No. No. Revolver shooters want top spot too. And I've done it a few times.
    That's why I said maybe. If the competition blows or the revolver shooter is a baller it's entirely possible
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I think that the universal classification rule speaks to the fact that there really isn't much performance difference between the Divisions, especially on the classifier.

9.3 Universal Semi-Automatic Classification

The classification attained by shooting the Classifier in any semi-automatic pistol division must be applied to all other semi-automatic pistol divisions. For example, if an SSP shooter receives an Expert classification, they are then also classified as Expert in CCP, ESP, and CDP.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Other than this rule on the disallowed mods: F. Customization of the slide, other than to allow for installation of an optic, by adding front
    cocking serrations, tri-top, carry melts, and high power cuts.....

Rules seem to be a carbon copy of USPSA rules.

Not wild about IDPA but I do see a lot of new potential students.
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I asked the local IDPA guy about the 5x5 thing, and he says it is not official per the state coordinator.
    What about this though:

http://www.idpa.tech/become-classifi...-postal-match/

As scores come in, we will post interim scores on this page periodically. We will track multiple runs by shooters by adding a unique identifier in their name for each run. In the end, these scores will be used as official scores for classification on the IDPA website.
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Quote Originally Posted by AsianJedi View Post
    Other than this rule on the disallowed mods: F. Customization of the slide, other than to allow for installation of an optic, by adding front
    cocking serrations, tri-top, carry melts, and high power cuts.....

Rules seem to be a carbon copy of USPSA rules.

Not wild about IDPA but I do see a lot of new potential students.
    If you ever head up north a couple states I'm in

Anyone know why IDPA hates front serrations so much. Who is using them over them slide stop during a match

Quote Originally Posted by AsianJedi View Post
    What about this though:

http://www.idpa.tech/become-classifi...-postal-match/

As scores come in, we will post interim scores on this page periodically. We will track multiple runs by shooters by adding a unique identifier in their name for each run. In the end, these scores will be used as official scores for classification on the IDPA website.
    The information passed to me was that the page in question is not an official IDPA page, and he attributed that to the state coordinator. I'm just passing along the info I received from is usually a reliable source on such things.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I think this is great news and shows IDPA is making efforts to stay relevant with what people are actually carrying and interested in competing with. This continues the improvements seen last year such as removing the dust cover rule.

It seems to me they will need a new box for CO division. Just doing some quick maths it looks like any full size pistol with an RDS will be too tall for the box. Even a G19 size gun will need to be placed in diagonally, I believe.

On a thread-drifting note, here's my wish list for IDPA equipment rule changes:
    -eliminate SSP. Equipment and times are so close to ESP they can just be one division.
    -allow 8 round clip-fed revolvers, maybe in CDP division with CDP power factor.
    -allow BUG revolvers to carry 6 rounds, same as the semi autos, and allow any caliber that meets power factor. Maybe lower the BUG weight limit to discourage "gamer" guns.
    -get rid of barrel length requirements. It discourages innovations like the Bond/Boberg Bullpup and is unnecessary when you already have to fit in a box.

would make sense if there was a box with a little extension/side room on it for the optic to fit into. or just a height limit above the slide.

Has anyone seen the Division Capacity for IDPA Carry Optics?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

One thing I notice looking at the rules is that they are the same as SSP, with the obvious addition of allowing slide milling. This strikes me as incredibly dumb as milling for a red dot is obviously not a feature found on "stock service pistols."

I sure hope they amend this to change the rules to ESP+slide milling.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Has anyone seen the Division Capacity for IDPA Carry Optics?
    It seems reasonable to assume it will be 10 rounds, since all other dimensions/rules are based on SSP division

User Tag List