Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA has added carry optics

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Or you could take literally 15 seconds to remove your light before going to a match?

If they allowed WMLs nearly everyone would use one: they add weight to the front of the gun which is where you want it to reduce muzzle rise. People would be buying 8oz+ WML's just to game with.
    As long as the pistol plus light remains under the 45 oz weight limit for the division, I don't see what the big problem would be. Either shoot a lighter gun with a WML, or if you shoot a heavier gun then you don't get to use a WML.

Honestly, USPSA could do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Or you could take literally 15 seconds to remove your light before going to a match?

If they allowed WMLs nearly everyone would use one: they add weight to the front of the gun which is where you want it to reduce muzzle rise. People would be buying 8oz+ WML's just to game with.
    I've guys shooting WMLs in monthly IDPA. None of them have been snatched by belt and collar and ejected. Outlaw division of course. Give it time, this is a big step forward for tech oriented gunners.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I've seen the occasional local low light IDPA match.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

After seeing a guy with a revolver take first overall (local level) I found all the gear rules to be pointless.

Unless you plan on competing in larger matches. Chances are no one cares how you gun is setup, or you can shoot under the "not for competition division"

This news got me excited at first, but I just had to get those spiffy front serrations added
    Last edited by Artemas2; 01-03-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    After seeing a guy with a revolver take first overall (local level) I found all the gear rules to be pointless.

Unless you plan on competing in larger matches. Chances are no one cares how you gun is setup, or you can shoot under the "not for competition division"

This news got me excited at first, but I just had to get those spiffy front serrations added
    This is still my biggest beef with IDPA: The division just really don't matter... There was that statistical analysis of the 2012 IDPA nationals. It is gone now, but there is no real difference in times/scores...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    This is still my biggest beef with IDPA: The division just really don't matter... There was that statistical analysis of the 2012 IDPA nationals. It is gone now, but there is no real difference in times/scores...
    I shot my first state match last summer and I was surprised to the that the SSP times were generally better per position than the ESP guys. Does that happen often in your experience?

I shot my first state match last summer and I was surprised to the that the SSP times were generally better per position than the ESP guys. Does that happen often in your experience?
    It is hit-or-miss depending on the region, I think.
    I think I shoot ESP most of the time, even though I've got an SSP-legal gun. (I don't consider a tuned-uspsa production gun, "stock")

If I shot my 92G, I'd put myself in SSP, tho.

Good job getting out to shoot, BTW.

ESP and SSP are so close they're almost identical as far as scoring in my experience. It flip flops but all the divisions are basically similar, overall is the spot to want regardless of the gun (except maybe revolver).
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    (except maybe revolver).
    No. No. Revolver shooters want top spot too. And I've done it a few times.

User Tag List