Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA has added carry optics

I predict that Optics will allow IDPA shooters to go too fast, so the down zero circle will be reduced in size.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Even if the Appendix carry was allowed and the penalty was the same, the whole IDPA thing is still lame... IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Does he even care about IDPA anymore?
    Still no Appendix Carry, tho...

Oh, and I love the 1 second penalty per down...
    I would say number one on Bill’s list is shooting hogs, followed by shooting a 1911 and Beretta 92. Just a guess, but if for some reason he isn’t as enthused about IDPA, and I have no reason to think that, I would say it is because disasisfaction with the -1 scoring.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I asked the local IDPA guy about the 5x5 thing, and he says it is not official per the state coordinator.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I predict that Optics will allow IDPA shooters to go too fast, so the down zero circle will be reduced in size.
    once optics started being used in bullseye and Bianchi cup, all the winners have used them.

edit: IPSC too. good read: http://www.gunsandammo.com/optics/a-...nted-red-dots/
    Last edited by DAB; 01-02-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Still no Appendix Carry, tho...

Oh, and I love the 1 second penalty per down...
    I do too. Else the USPSA whiners would have nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    If that's literally your only problem with IDPA there's no reason not so shoot it.
    Oh no I have lots more, but that's the straw that broke my camel's back.

It looks to be a moot point anyways, because my Glock 17 with a Deltapoint Pro (that you'd think would be as about a common slide-optic'ed pistol as any) looks to be a smidge too tall to fit in the IDPA CO box.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Oh no I have lots more, but that's the straw that broke my camel's back.

It looks to be a moot point anyways, because my Glock 17 with a Deltapoint Pro (that you'd think would be as about a common slide-optic'ed pistol as any) looks to be a smidge too tall to fit in the IDPA CO box.
    I saw that. I guess I will have to actually use my carry, Carry Optics gun if I want to shoot IDPA.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I saw that. I guess I will have to actually use my carry, Carry Optics gun if I want to shoot IDPA.
    I've got a Glock 19 for carry which also has a DPP, but I couldn't use that in IDPA either because it has an Inforce APL-C light on it. According to IDPA, only some sort of weirdo gamer would put a mounted light on their carry gun...
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 01-02-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I've got a Glock 19 for carry which also has a DPP, but I couldn't use that in IDPA either because it has an Inforce APL-C light on it. According to IDPA, only some sort of weirdo gamer would put a mounted light on their carry gun...
    Or you could take literally 15 seconds to remove your light before going to a match?

If they allowed WMLs nearly everyone would use one: they add weight to the front of the gun which is where you want it to reduce muzzle rise. People would be buying 8oz+ WML's just to game with.

User Tag List