Thread: IDPA has added carry optics

IDPA has added carry optics

Provisional Division for 2018

Carry Optics is Now a Provisional Division for 2018

http://www.idpa.tech/wp-content/uplo...Appendic-C.pdf

Appendix C- Carry Optics Division

1.1.1 Carry Optics Division
    1.1.2 Handguns permitted for use in CO must:
    A. Have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units. Discontinued models must have had a total
    production of 20,000 units
    B. Be semi-automatic
    C. Be double action, double action only, or striker fired
    D. Use 9 mm (9x19) or larger cartridges.
    E. Weigh 45.00 oz or less unloaded, with the heaviest magazine inserted.
    F. Fit in the IDPA CO gun test box measuring 8 3⁄4” x 6” x 1 5/8” with the largest magazine inserted.
    1.1.1.1 Start Condition
    A. Selective DA/SA firearms will start hammer down.
    B. Firearms with a hammer de-cocking lever or button will have their hammer de-cocked using the
    lever or button.
    C. If the hammer must be lowered by pulling the trigger and manually lowering the hammer, the
    hammer will be lowered to the lowest position possible.
    D. Manual safeties may be engaged at the shooter’s discretion.
    1.1.1.2 CO Permitted Modifications (Inclusive list):
    A. Optical/electronic sights REQUIRED; must be attached directly to slide between rear of slide and ejection port, and may not be mounted to the frame in any way.
    B. Replacement grip panels are allowed provided they do not extend below the butt of the gun to form a make-shift magwell. Grip modifications such as, but not limited to, undercutting/smoothing the trigger guard, adding or removing finger grooves, or adding stippling, a slip-on sock, grip tape, or checkering are specifically allowed.
    C. Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on one SSP legal firearm may be used on another CO legal firearm from the same manufacturer provided they are drop in replacements. Parts in this list must come factory installed on standard production firearms. Special parts that are available installed only from a factory custom shop are not eligible in CO.
    D. Recoil spring guide rods and dual spring recoil systems made of material that is no heavier than stainless steel.
    E. Frames may be replaced with identical frames from the same manufacturer.
    F. Internal action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained (no
    visible external modifications allowed).
    G. Internal reliability work.
    H. Aftermarket extractors and pins may be used.
    I. Internal accuracy work.
    J. Replacement of barrel with one of factory configuration that uses the original cartridge.
    K. Plastic plugs may be used to fill the opening behind the magazine well.
    L. Custom finishes may be applied.
    M. Stockslidecoverplatesmayberefinished.
    N. Slides may be engraved. Engraving is defined as etching into the slide of logos, letters, and
    graphics no deeper than the original factory logos.
    O. Aftermarket magazines may be used provided they do not weigh more than 1.00 oz. over the same capacity factory magazine.
    P. Aftermarket magazine base pads may be used provided they do not make the magazine weight more than 1.00 oz. over the same capacity factory magazine.
    Q. Magazine base pads may be modified by reshaping, texturing, or adding bumper pads provided that they do not make the magazine weigh more than 1.00 oz. over the same capacity factory magazine.
    R. Magazines that are longer than stock may be used provided they meet all other division requirements and when inserted in pistol fit in the IDPA CO Box.
    S. Magazine wells. The front-to-back dimension of the opening may be more than 1/4” greater than the corresponding dimension of a magazine. External flaring is PROHIBITED.
    1.1.1.3 CO Excluded Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):
    A. Externally visible modifications other than those listed in the Permitted Modifications section.
    B. Aftermarket or visibly modified magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers,
    and hammers.
    C. Add-on magazine well opening.
    D. Slide inserts to accommodate a different recoil assembly design.
    E. A barrel that uses a different cartridge that is not offered in the original factory model.
    F. Customization of the slide, other than to allow for installation of an optic, by adding front
    cocking serrations, tri-top, carry melts, and high power cuts.
    G. Aftermarket slides.
    H. Aftermarket grip tang extensions or beavertails.
    I. Disabling the slide stop.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Well, apparently hell just froze over.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Their grip mod allowance is especially cool.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Just posted this on another site: 45 oz unloaded weight is a definitive testament to IDPA's orientation towards practical use and concealed carry.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Funny thing is I just hung up with Bill thirty minutes ago, and even though we discussed my lousy luck with optics, this never came up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Is that the IDPA web site?

Now, if they'll just add appendix carry.....

Looks like they're compiling classifier scores...

Become classified in Carry Optics – Postal Match

This is interesting; I've never seen the 5X5 Classifier before. This is something I can actually set up at my range. Now I'll have something to try when my slide gets back from ATEi...

http://www.idpa.tech/the-5x5-classifier-abbreviated/
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

This is interesting; I've never seen the 5X5 Classifier before. This is something I can actually set up at my range. Now I'll have something to try when my slide gets back from ATEi...

When this first came out, I was shooting a 92, but shot it so much better with a Glock, I switched!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

The second just looks like the Wilson 5X5 drill.

User Tag List