Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we do a fresh round of: what’s your favorite sites for an EDC Pistol?

Heine straight 8 ledge sights are my favorites and on my g19.

On my EDC 1911 I have Springfields stock front sight and a fusion ledge rear sight with no tritium (their 1 dot rear sight seemed brighter than my front sight so I went plain).

All my berettas have WC rear sights. The A3 has the stock tritium front sight, the FS with vertec slide has a WC tritium, and my A1 compact has a gold bead.

I like having good crisp sights that I can use in low light. I really don't like 3 dot sights anymore. I like just having one point to focus on with minimal distractions. The straight eights seem to work well on glocks that still point a tad high when things speed up.

AmeriGlo BOLD/FBI sights are my favorite Glock sights. I’m actually liking the .140 front better than the .125 front but I haven’t had a chance to shoot them past 25y yet. The only thing I would change about them is the shape of the rear sight. I would prefer if it was contained in the dovetail and did not extend to the rear of the slide.

I haven’t had a chance to try fiber optic front sights yet and I’d really like to, but the AmeriGlo’s are just working so well that I have no motivation to spend the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Trijicon HD’s for me. Started transitioning from big dots to them this year. Much more percise for me, and every bit as easy to see.

Plain black rear sight in order of preference: Vickers sight from Wilson, 10-8, Dawson Precision, or OEM with dots blacked out.
    Front: Red fiber optic from Wilson/Vickers, 10-8, or Dawson Precision. Choice will be Dawson in cases where factory POA/POI needs to be adjusted to my preference.
    Like to pair red FO front with green laser whenever possible. Covers all visual contrast possibilities for my needs.

Heinie Ledge rear with a 10-8 .125 fiber front is on almost everything I have now.

Trijicon HD XR orange front
    Wilson-Vickers Battlesight tritium rear
    Best combination of precision, speed, visibility and carry friendly profile that I've found.

Attachment 22713

Attachment 22714
    Last edited by JodyH; 12-31-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    All Glocks get Ameriglo Defoor sights.
    P30/P30SK have HD XRs (Only until I can find an all black replacement that is a POA/POI like my other pistols)
    PX4 Compacts keep the stock sights and get their dots blacked out with sight black pens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    P30/P30SK have HD XRs (Only until I can find an all black replacement that is a POA/POI like my other pistols)
    There's a Wilson-Vickers Battlesight that's plain black serrated, it works perfectly with the HD XR front for a "top of the front post @25Y POA/POI".
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I like the Ameriglo Defoors, all black. Serrated front blade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Can we do a fresh round of: what’s your favorite sites for an EDC Pistol?

I’ve tried a good amount of different sights, but definitely not all possibilities.

My preference is Dawson Precision. Red FO front, blacked out serrated rear. I have Chargers on my G19.4 and I plan on installing a second set on my other G19.4 when it finally gets here. If I had to pick a budget option, AmeriGlo Defoors.

I’ve installed the adjustable Dawson sights on my G17.2 and will be using that gun for USPSA. I would say that I prefer the adjustable’s sight picture to that of the Chargers for the sole reason that the rear has serrations don’t stop at the chamfered edges.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    Last edited by spinmove_; 12-31-2017 at 10:23 AM.

User Tag List