Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I Am Phat Over Revolvers, Especially Rugers

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    I like revolvers because they don’t make semi’s in .44 mag and up, that is reliable.

I changed out the trigger return spring on my toklat and reduced the endshake. Much better DA pull now and it won’t hammer itself loose as fast.

Going to load some CEB flatnose solids and those raptor bullets for it soon.

Looking to get a nice blued gp-100 4-6” barrel later and do the same mods to it too.
    I have never even heard of a Toklat. That is neat.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Had the M29 out today, figured I might as well post a picture while I was cleaning up.

Last edited by Super77; 01-07-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Been busy getting married. This is progress on many fronts, including her doing the photography. I am sure you will approve of the wedding rig...2.5” S&W Model 66 with Elk antler stocks and a Tyler T-Grip. Full rig by American Classic Gunleather and my badge and all the metal on the belt we’re done by inmate labor inside Huntsville Prison in Texas.
    If I may make a suggestion: black and white photo. I had to sell my K frames due to financial issues. I had T Grips on them. Great photo and congratulations on marriage.
    Best
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    This is my favorite single action.

It is a medium frame Flattop .45 Convertible that pretty much gets used exclusively as a .45 ACP.

The grip frame was swapped from the stainless one for an aluminum one for further weight reduction.

The Bisley hammer was added, and it provides that "just right" feel to the balance.
    I have such a case of the wants for something like that.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm trying really hard not to need one of those. They are in stock around the internets already. It would be more difficult if it was in stainless. Carrying outdoors and bluing don't go together well in this climate. Although I do keep having thoughts of a Melonited revolver...
    http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUGP35751

Initially, I assumed this was a seven-shot. Then I realized Ruger is continuing a policy of never providing all the fixin's in one menu item.

If anyone from Ruger is reading this, six-inch, half lug, Ruger's own GP100 front sight system because you seem to be not machining Novak dovetails the way Novak says they should be done on purpose, stainless, .357 seven times. Please.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Yep. 5” barrels. They have them in .327, .357 and .44.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sentence just cost me money. I've been looking for a .327 GP 100 for a while.
    Last edited by john c; 01-10-2018 at 07:21 PM.

My Snub Single Action addiction just got hit again. This is enroute to me. Bowen custom Uberti Thunderer in .45 Colt. Not the front sight and melted pre War S&W rear sight.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Bowen custom Uberti Thunderer in .45 Colt.
    Oh my...

I'll be in my bunk.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

My Snub Single Action addiction just got hit again. This is enroute to me. Bowen custom Uberti Thunderer in .45 Colt. Not the front sight and melted pre War S&W rear sight.
    Hubba Hubba...

User Tag List