Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norco bank robbery and shoot-out

Norco bank robbery and shoot-out

I came across this (old) documentary on the Norco bank robbery and thought it was pretty good. For some reason, this incident doesn’t seem to get the attention other high-profile LE shootings often get, so I figured I’d share it.

Hammertime
    I read about it a few years back. Good learning about the possibility of ambush during a pursuit.

Site Supporter
    I believe there was a movie made based on this.

Quite an event. I'm impressed with the radio discipline displayed by both the involved officers and the dispatchers throughout. Brave souls.

Thanks TC215 for sharing this. First time I've seen these videos.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

That was in the area I worked. Lots of lessons learned and we got a ton of info and those lessons passed down in the academy. San Bernardino County was way ahead of the LE world in shooting from helicopters and legal intervention on vehicles as a norm. If those were not options, shooting cars was fairly normal. I cannot remember a single case of a vehicle pursuit not terminating immediately once "40 King" (Sheriff's helicopter) lit the car up with a Mini 14 or MP-5. Norco brought a heavyweight dose of serious to the Inland Empire in the 80's like N. Hollywood did in The LA area
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

My agency had a VHS training tape that was one of the ones I had to watch after getting back from the academy in 1989. I don't recall the producer but I thought it was pretty informative.

Whenever someone opining on North Hollywood or Stockton or the high round count robbery de jour says "Nothing like this EVER happened before!" I think back to my academy class and wonder how they never heard about Norco.

There are good lessons in this. @TC215 ... thank you for sharing.

A week or so, I saw a recently published hardcover book on this incident at a Barnes and Noble. Has anyone read it?

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    A week or so, I saw a recently published hardcover book on this incident at a Barnes and Noble. Has anyone read it?
    Just ordered it:

https://www.amazon.com/Norco-80-Spec...s%2C291&sr=8-1
    Last edited by TC215; 06-22-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Reading it now.

User Tag List