Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with handgun when nature calls?

I recently had to do this for the first time. I was carrying appendix style at the time so I couldn’t just leave it hanging on my open pants. I decided to leave everything in place and close my belt in the loosest position around my ankles. That held the pistol/holster upright and in place as normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Guys undo their belt to urinate? Why - you have a zipper that you can just let down.
    We must be buying different pants. Trying to extract things through the fly without undoing the button above it is awkward and fraught with peril (really not keen on dragging sensitive skin across a zipper). I'm with @Sidheshooter - it's just easier to use a stall if a trip to the bathroom is needed. A stall also has the advantage of having less to worry about with regard to people who may walk behind you, what with how stalls have doors.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    This might seem like a humorous topic but I have to wonder what some of us do when nature requires the dropping of pants.

A recent event with an employee for my agency made me think this should be a serious point of discussion. The employee either took his gun out of the holster or took the holster off of his belt. At the conclusion of his business, he walked out and left the handgun in the stall. Upon realizing he was missing the weapon, he returned a short few minutes later to find it gone. The gun was recovered months later in an unrelated police incident.

So what do you all suggest? And does the preferred/suggested method apply for both men and women?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    A pocket pistol is easy to deal with but a bigger gun does present issues. I've left the bigger gun in the car with someone else and had my pocket pistol on me.

What is your duty weapon?

Site Supporter
    So you remove the gun from the holster?

Didn't one of the supposed 320 drop firings occur when a pistol was dropped in the bathroom stall?

Who carries a 320? Not I. Anyway, you can drop the gun when you take it out of the holster in any locale. Why is the john different? I've found pulling up pants with a holstered gun to be not to my liking. The gun flops around a bit. The muzzle is uncontrolled. Now in a good holster the trigger is covered but I still don't like it.

Site Supporter
    #1: use the urinal, keep the belt fastened.

#2: when dropping the pants, roll the belt inward about 180 degrees so that the holster and anything else on the belt is covered by the fabric. This will not only keep it hidden, but also prevent anyone from reaching under the stall wall and grabbing it. The his is one of multiple reasons to use a holster that will retain the gun when turned upside down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    So you remove the gun from the holster?

Didn't one of the supposed 320 drop firings occur when a pistol was dropped in the bathroom stall?

I don’t know about a P320, but a member here investigated an AD in a public bathroom involving a Canik which was dropped. It’s in one of the Canik threads.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    A stall also has the advantage of having less to worry about with regard to people who may walk behind you, what with how stalls have doors.
    Not to mention that you can camp out with your back to a wall and facing ingress/egress with impunity. I can’t believe that anyone with an interest in self defense would use a unrinal in a public setting. I’m not Jason Bourne, Daredevil, or an Apache warrior gleaning all movement from a curved, relective surface. Plus, I’ve done FoF training in bathroom urinal stalls. The average middle-aged, able-bodied man with any impact tool could take Bas Rutten... if his head was down with both hands on his dick.

OMMV, but I put using urinals while armed right up there with fat guy OC standing in line at Arby’s while checking facebook.

It’s pretty easy to be aware of what’s going on around you while using a urinal. Unless, maybe, if you are in a very crowded restroom, but in that case, the crowd would probably lower the likelihood of an incident. Im pretty opposed to using public restroom stall unless absolutely necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Urinating and looking at your phone is common behavior now. Good point about using urinals in general but sometimes Condition Yellow becomes urgent and you don't want to get stalled.

I solved this problem by never going #2 in a public restroom. Eat lots of fiber and don't skip the first step on your morning SSS routine.

Seriously, the last time I did was over 10 years ago, when recovering from food poisoning. And that was in a facility where I wasn't able to carry legally anyways.

User Tag List