Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: S&W J frame 442 cutting web of my hand any advice?

Did you see the thread on the Taurus grips?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....e-a-little-sad

They cover the backstrap — not all the way up, but there’s a lot of material to work with and they’re inexpensive enough to experiment with. Blending in the top ledge with something like the Shoe Goo mentioned might work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I just might! Whites are made in Spokane WA...where I went to undergrad. Couldn’t afford them then...can’t afford to be without them now. If I could travel back in time to visit past Sherman, I’d tell him to stop wearing cheap boots. Three foot surgeries later, and any money I saved on cheaper foot ware has been revisited an order of magnitude greater upon me in creakiness, pain and stitches.

I’ll be teaching at my Alma Mater for a guest lecture, and I’ll go get fitted in person while I’m there. Finding an off-the-shelf boot in a 14D is next to impossible.
    Man, PM sent in 3, 2, 1...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Did you see the thread on the Taurus grips?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....e-a-little-sad

They cover the backstrap — not all the way up, but there’s a lot of material to work with and they’re inexpensive enough to experiment with. Blending in the top ledge with something like the Shoe Goo mentioned might work well.
    Saw that. Think I’m gonna stick with these grips. I didn’t really like rubber grips because they would hang up on my shirt. Draw from concealment seems quicker and smoother with non rubber grips.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    Saw that. Think I’m gonna stick with these grips. I didn’t really like rubber grips because they would hang up on my shirt. Draw from concealment seems quicker and smoother with non rubber grips.

If you happen to run across a pair, pick them up to try. One of the things that makes them work is that the are a slightly harder, "slicker", rubber than most other rubber grips. They don't hold on to material anywhere near as bad as most other rubber grips that I've tried.

I really like these ahrends boot grips. I just shot around 200 rounds of wadcutters with no discomfort at all.

Anyone want to give me an assessment on my shooting. I have no reference point. First two were shot at seven yards at one range trip and the last three, at a different one, at ten. All at my own pace with two hand grip with a six o clock hold. It seems to be shooting consistently left. 95 percent of that was done with fiocchi wad cutters and the rest was federal wadcutters. Is there anything that can be done since these are fixed sights?

Name:  IMG_4164.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  12.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4161.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4085.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  26.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4086.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  21.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4087.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  26.9 KB
    Last edited by NoLock; 11-07-2018 at 03:25 PM.

I really like these ahrends boot grips. I just shot around 200 rounds of wadcutters with no discomfort at all.

Anyone want to give me an assessment on my shooting. I have no reference point. First two were shot at seven yards at one range trip and the last three, at a different one, at ten. All at my own pace with two hand grip with a six o clock hold. It seems to be shooting consistently left. 95 percent of that was done with fiocchi wad cutters and the rest was federal wadcutters. Is there anything that can be done since these are fixed sights?

Name:  IMG_4164.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  12.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4161.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4085.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  26.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4086.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  21.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4087.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  26.9 KB
    I wouldn’t get too judgie on j frame accuracy in longer than 50 round sessions, with Airweights.

I’d also try a different load, just to see. It may be a trigger control interference of some type. You’re pretty consistent. I’d make sure that the proximal flexor surface (as Tom Givens calls it...the trigger finger bicep) isn’t pushing on the frame/stock when you’re pressing the trigger. If it is, that’ll bump it to the left. The same thing happens to me with Glocks that aren’t modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have experience with ahrends "tactical j frame" grips? They are slightly longer than the boot grips and allow for a full grip.

I notice they come with or without finger grooves, anyone have a preference?

Anyone have experience with ahrends "tactical j frame" grips? They are slightly longer than the boot grips and allow for a full grip.

I notice they come with or without finger grooves, anyone have a preference?
    I have them. Depends on how long your fingers are, but I have big fingers and I like both the finger grooves and the smooth model.

Debur the backside of the cylinder release.

civiliandefender.com
    How would you recommend doing this? My thumb got tore up last range session from the cylinder release. Just take a file/sandpaper and get rid of the sharp edges?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I have them. Depends on how long your fingers are, but I have big fingers and I like both the finger grooves and the smooth model.

I'm 5'6" and I have small hands.

User Tag List