Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W J frame 442 cutting web of my hand any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Thanks for the pic! Looks a lot like what crimson trace does on the 405(?) grips.
    The 405 doesn't go quite high enough for me. I have big hands and messed up a nerve in my thumb for a while shooting J-Frames with a super high grip.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 02-20-2018 at 09:00 AM.

I purchased a pair of Ahrends boot grips with finger grooves after Sherman A. House DDS posted a pic of his in a recent thread. With federal wadcutters there is no issue at all and I could shoot all day.

Problem solved!
    Last edited by NoLock; 09-19-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    I purchased a pair of Ahrends boot grips with finger grooves after Sherman A. House DDS posted a pic of his in a recent thread. With federal wadcutters there is no issue at all and I could shoot all day.

Problem solved!
    They’re my fave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^Going well heeled.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ^^^Going well heeled.
    It’s my BUG. The Red Wings turned 6 last year. Time for a new set of soles. THE BEST boots I’ve ever worn.

Most grips are not fit to the frame well, they leave metal exposed to pound the web of your hand.

If I could find boot grips that actually fit the frame, they’d have my business.

Ahrends fell sort.

Site Supporter
    Boot grip/frame problems existed 40 years ago as well. The problem was especially an issue with Colt revolvers because of variation from frame to frame.This brand gave custom grip makers gray hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    It’s my BUG. The Red Wings turned 6 last year. Time for a new set of soles. THE BEST boots I’ve ever worn.

You get a pair of White's Semi Dress and you won't wear your Redwings again.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Most grips are not fit to the frame well, they leave metal exposed to pound the web of your hand.

If I could find boot grips that actually fit the frame, they’d have my business.

Ahrends fell sort.
    Did they offer to fix or replace them?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    You get a pair of White's Semi Dress and you won't wear your Redwings again.
    I just might! Whites are made in Spokane WA...where I went to undergrad. Couldn’t afford them then...can’t afford to be without them now. If I could travel back in time to visit past Sherman, I’d tell him to stop wearing cheap boots. Three foot surgeries later, and any money I saved on cheaper foot ware has been revisited an order of magnitude greater upon me in creakiness, pain and stitches.

I’ll be teaching at my Alma Mater for a guest lecture, and I’ll go get fitted in person while I’m there. Finding an off-the-shelf boot in a 14D is next to impossible.

User Tag List