Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mossberg 500 - action still locked after trigger pull

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Pulled the trigger group out. There was a smallish piece of wood embedded in the backside of the hammer. The wood matches the color of the super cheap plug that came with the gun. There is a chip of wood missing from the end of the plug. Picked the piece of wood out and reassembled. (Replaced this ridiculous piece of wood with a plastic rod.) It continues to function correctly so far. Thanks guys!
    How does a piece of wood from the mag plug get to the trigger group?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Yeah, leave it me... It is a bit of a stretch. I thought perhaps a small piece of wood made it past the follower and rode up into the action with a shell. Maybe it could happen with me taking a lot of shots on pretty high angle birds. Damn if I know. All I do know is that there was a small piece of wood embedded in the back side of the hammer on the side next to the disconnector. It was jammed in pretty good. Getting that out did not fix the problem. It was locking up every 15 - 20 shots. Now it is happening every 5 - 7. I'm done. Mossberg will be getting a call.

User Tag List