Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaRue SUURG

Site Supporter
    The video shows a keymod rail but the product description says MLOK ?
    Last edited by HCM; 12-30-2017 at 12:16 AM.

Somewhere along the line the AR industry went left and I went right.

I really don’t “get” 99% of the crap out there these days.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Somewhere along the line the AR industry went left and I went right.

I really don’t “get” 99% of the crap out there these days.
    What’s not to get with this? It’s an upper with an 11.5” barrel with an pinned and welded muzzle brake that gets the overall length to 16” and it comes with a suppressor. People like suppressors. This thing is meant to be used with the suppressor mounted so the welded brake doesn’t have any negative effects, you only need to pay for one tax stamp and $1600 doesn’t sound awful for a Larue upper and a suppressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    What’s not to get with this? It’s an upper with an 11.5” barrel with an pinned and welded muzzle brake that gets the overall length to 16” and it comes with a suppressor. People like suppressors. This thing is meant to be used with the suppressor mounted so the welded brake doesn’t have any negative effects, you only need to pay for one tax stamp and $1600 doesn’t sound awful for a Larue upper and a suppressor.

Yeah, I understand all of that.

I still don’t get it. Looks like another transfer device to me.

Site Supporter
    Trading 4.5 inches of rifling for 4.5 inches of muzzle brake to get the same overall barrel length seems like a good way to lose velocity and energy without getting much in return.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Trading 4.5 inches of rifling for 4.5 inches of muzzle brake to get the same overall barrel length seems like a good way to lose velocity and energy without getting much in return.
    If you don't need a purpose-designed, complete, non-SBR, compact (integrally?) suppressed solution then yeah, it doesn't make sense.

I think these are pretty cool. For those who know they’re going to shoot suppressed all the time it’s a nice way to avoid two stamps.

I'm intrigued - would need to shoot one before buying though.

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone has purchased one of these kits. I see that the price ended up being higher than the original estimate. It's ~$2000 now before the tax stamp for the suppressor.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List