Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Keeps Rolling Out the New Stuff--Precision 22LR

Site Supporter
    That thing is screaming for one upgrade (IMO): 16". Integrally. Suppressed. Barrel.

Give me that and I'll even put up with the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Ruger still makes plenty of Fudd guns like the #1 and the Hawkeye. I might even throw the new PCC into the Fudd category.
    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Let’s not forget the Min14 and Mini30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Ruger still makes plenty of Fudd guns like the #1 and the Hawkeye. I might even throw the new PCC into the Fudd category.
    They do and there is nothing wrong with that. But that is not a reason to restrict development of other good projects. I'm pretty sure Bill Ruger would have never ok'ed the synthetic stock for the scout rifle (which makes the gun IMHO) much less rimfire suppressors and the Ruger precision rifle.

As someone who appreciates most everything from antiques to hunting guns to modern performance the "if it ain't walnut and steel it ain't shit" line gets old.

Re: Tne PCC just because it doesn't have a pistol grip doesn't make it a fudd gun. Not to mention there will be a huge market for the ban state version in CA and the NE. Some one at Ruger noticed the ridiculous prices the old PC carbines were bringing on Gunbroker.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-29-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Most of my guns are Fudd guns...

Seems interesting. I bought a Savage MK-II TR a while back which is in the same category. I would imagine that this is better although I much prefer the looks of my Savage or the CZ tacticool .22

The PCC is a similar idea yet suffers the same problems the US military had 80 years ago with the M-1 Carbine, which is based on the Winchester SLR and the 32 WSL cartridge. Anemic and underpowered but kind of fun to shoot. Too big for pistol yet lacking the versatility that makes a rifle such a useful tool.

I've owned PCC's before but have never found them to be worth owning once the novelty wears off. Maybe as a dedicated suppressor host or as an SBR they have some merit. Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't see any real value in the idea.

Sweet!!

Looks like I gotta spend some money.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    The PCC is a similar idea yet suffers the same problems the US military had 80 years ago with the M-1 Carbine, which is based on the Winchester SLR and the 32 WSL cartridge. Anemic and underpowered but kind of fun to shoot. Too big for pistol yet lacking the versatility that makes a rifle such a useful tool.

I've owned PCC's before but have never found them to be worth owning once the novelty wears off. Maybe as a dedicated suppressor host or as an SBR they have some merit. Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't see any real value in the idea.

As a “police carbine” ? No. Would I issue this at work ? Also no.

For me it is a fun gun. 9mm is in many ways the new .22LR. I carry Glocks for work, have tons of Glock mags and get 9mm at work. Plus it addresses several of the issues I had with my prior PC 40 such as mag options, optics mounting and mounting a light.

But as a home defense option for people who would otherwise have a 10/22 such as: elderly or infirm who can’t manage a pistol due to physical limitations or people in places like NY state where long guns are significantly easier to buy and own than pistols, it has merit.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As a “police carbine” ? No. Would I issue this at work ? Also no.

For me it is a fun gun. 9mm is in many ways the new .22LR. I carry Glocks for work, have tons of Glock mags and get 9mm at work.
    You probably also have M16 mags and get 5.56 ammo from work, no?

I do get the fun aspect and have said I'm sure the gun is fun to shoot. Otherwise I'm just not seeing the practicality.

What's even more puzzling to me is my vocal complaining. It is as if Ruger has somehow personally offended me with this new firearm. Normally when I see a gun being made that doesn't interest me I go "merp" and just turn the page. But for some reason that doesn't seem to be the case here. Maybe I've been possessed by Bill Ruger's ghost or something.

Anyway, maybe I'll check one out once they start hitting dealer's shelves. Maybe my opinion will change once I've handled one.

I’m definitely going to be getting in line for a rimfire Precision Rifle - it’ll make a perfect understudy for my .308 version.

User Tag List