Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger Keeps Rolling Out the New Stuff--Precision 22LR

I like it! My base model Ruger American bolt action is a shooter.

Precision 22 trainers, especially suppressed, are a blast to shoot.

Accurate Shooter has some fun targets that you can download:
    http://www.accurateshooter.com/shoot...niper-matches/

This is one of my favs

Headshots on that target, even at 25 yards, are a challenge
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

What's even more puzzling to me is my vocal complaining. It is as if Ruger has somehow personally offended me with this new firearm. Normally when I see a gun being made that doesn't interest me I go "merp" and just turn the page. But for some reason that doesn't seem to be the case here. Maybe I've been possessed by Bill Ruger's ghost or something.
    I’ll cop to being entertained by your reaction. I totally get it though; sometimes shit offends us just by being. Every time I see that Tom Cruise has been cast in yet another high-profile role from print literature, I get the urge to punch a kitten.

But this Ruger, much like Tom Cruise being cast as Reacher/Lestat/whomever, will probably prove a success despite you and I’s deep gut-level initial reactions to the contrary.

I’ve already said my piece on why this PCC beat-glock-to-their-own-punch thing is the mermaid’s tits for me. I’ll be sure to let you know if I get an Oscar-worthy performance out of mine.

Fondled one of these at the LGS today: now I want it. What a cool looking rifle. The 2 they got in sold the same day.

Site Supporter
    Picked up one of these. Need to mount an optic. Have a 3-9x accupoint on the shelf but looking at something with a mil or MOA reticle eventually.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Picked up one of these. Need to mount an optic. Have a 3-9x accupoint on the shelf but looking at something with a mil or MOA reticle eventually.
    Got the pawnshop Accupoint mounted in weaver med rings. May need higher rings in the future. The 40mm objective of the accupoint barely clears.

Squeezed in an hour at the range - rough zero at 25. Will need to re-zero at 50 in the future.

Name:  IMG_2643.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2641.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  29.6 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 06-03-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I know it is heresy to recommend a cheap scope but I am finding the Primary Arms 4-14 with the mil dot reticle to work well for these "practice PS" rifles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I know it is heresy to recommend a cheap scope but I am finding the Primary Arms 4-14 with the mil dot reticle to work well for these "practice PS" rifles.
    I was thinking about this Vortex diamond back tactical which is in the same price range

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...eticle/reticle

So now that these have been out for a wee bit how are they handling? Accurate or hit or miss? I've heard good and bad about the regular RPR rifle but the 22lr version just looks so cool.

User Tag List