Thread: RFI: Jacksonville, FL and Jaguars Everbank field

Site Supporter

RFI: Jacksonville, FL and Jaguars Everbank field

Anyone with knowledge of the off duty officer policy/ procedures at Jaguars EverBank field? Or any other useful info on the Jacksonville area. Thanks.

I can't help you on the stadium, but I'm from JAX (no longer live there). I believe that the NFL bans carrying in stadiums, regardless of state law. I take it you'll be staying in a hotel? Are you looking to walk/taxi/shuttle to the stadium, or are open to driving?

Site Supporter
    I’m staying in a nearby hotel. I will be walking or riding a cab while in town.

If you're close enough for a cab ride, I'm guessing you're staying in downtown, near/around the Jacksonville Landing area. I'd stay near your hotel then. The Landing has bars and restaurants, but it tends to get rather hood-ish after dark. You could taxi/uber it over to San Marco. There's bars and restaurants, and it's relatively safe. So is the 5 points area. Mossfire Grille in 5 points is a great little tex-mex type place.

My understanding is that it was NFL policy forbidding off-duty coppers from carrying concealed at games. A family friend, current L/E, was high up in the internal security/protection side of things at one NFL team. Back when the current policy took effect, he relayed that his coppers were having issues carrying because of the ban and the teams were having to work them out.
    That said, given the behavior of the players, owners, and league I've stopped following anything to do with them ... so, sorry, can't help.

User Tag List