Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 249: HiTS Super Test and Advanced Super Test

Shot it from the ready position option today after a great warmup with the FBI Modified Bullseye in which I shot a PR of 291. This might have got me acclimated to 10 sec and 15 second time passage as I used those stages' time limits pretty in this test. OTOH I shot the 5 yard stage quicker than ideal in 3.66 seconds.

281 passing score with a G17. Dropped most points on the 15 second 15 yard stage with high hits. Not sure how I managed that.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    WC- CenTac
    Low Ready
    Passed with a 277. Such a fun drill and a great way to end the year!
    Attachment 22703
    That is a great score! All the practice is paying off.

Equipment used: gun, holster (if applicable): CZ P07
    Start position: ready (Super Test) or holstered (Advanced Super Test): Low Ready
    Total score out of 300 possible: 280
    Anything you noticed: Took 14.36 on the first string. Probably a record for me on taking my time at 15 yards and had a better score there than usual, 96. Great drill and good to see so many people shooting it. Happy New Year.

g17/DPP USPSA Carry Optics gear.
    Started from holster.
    Total score was I think 280. I didn't count them up as I went along so a little hard to tell.

Not a great showing. The two in the 7 ring we're actually from the 10. All times were well under. In my defense it was 15 degrees and snowing.
    Name:  IMG_20171231_142853.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  36.1 KB

Just realized as I started typing that I shot this near to far, if that makes a difference...
    After “Bozoing” the 3x5 cold this AM, I was determined to focus-paid off.
    Gen5 17, Low ready(Super Test): 284 total, and I am pleased/grateful.
    Noted that I used time pretty well at 5&10(4.50&8.58), but, like others didn’t utilize time at 15 yards(10.7)
    Hopefully try this again(in order next time)

Shot this at lunchtime today, in specified order: 15, 10 and 5 yards, from ready(“Super Test”). Indoor range, fully lit.
    Equipment: Gen5 17, Ameriglo night sights, yellow front. Winchester 147 fmj training ammo.
    Results: 294/300. Four “9s”@15, 1 “9” each @10 and 5 yards. I am pleased and gratified with this result. Shot it with no real warmup, other than dryfire this AM before I left home.
    Notes that there was some time left on 15 and 10 yd. strings(11.95,7.64). 4.40 seconds for the 5 yard string. This suggests I can incorporate the draw(“Super Test”), and may very well try it! Thanks to Hits and Mr. White for making this available!

Equipment: HK P2000 LEM (V1)
    Start from ready position
    If the 7's count I come up with 255

Times:
    15yds 13.77 seconds
    10yds 9.71 seconds
    5yds 4.23 seconds

I would like to try this one again.

My spray pattern
    Name:  PSX_20180107_202633.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  29.0 KB

Advanced Super Test
    Beretta 92 AIWB
    Score: 273

All times were well under par, in some cases way too under par. I was actually cruising towards a mid to upper 280's score until I blew it on the 5 yard line. Had a wonky grip, indexed high and went cyclic with about 2 seconds of par time left to spare. =\

Hammertime
    I did this multiple times with a G43, reloading from pocket. I can not make time with the reload. This is my best.

This is one of my all-time favorite drills...I'd used The Test for some time, and immediately adopted the Super Test when I learned of it last summer. Personally, I try not to think about time...time is data to review when it's over, but while I'm shooting, my sole concern is sights. (Yes trigger matters, but that's generally on autopilot.) I want to learn to shoot as fast as I can get my hits in any given situation, as opposed to figuring out the "right" rhythm for this drill in an attempt to maximize my score with a known target size and distance.

Anyway, shot it a couple times today at the indoor range. Walther P99 AS from low ready.

First run: 291 - 9.92 (-8) at 15, 9.36 (-1) at 10, 4.19 at 5.

That 15 yard string was atypically fast and a bit sloppy. My natural reaction was whoa I need to slow down, and the 10 yard string was abnormally slow. Sometimes it's hard not to think about the time lol. I think it was Gabe who succinctly described the goal, when presented with a challenging shooting problem, as "shooting more carefully" as opposed to "shooting more slowly". Sometimes that might take more time, for example to refine your sight picture...but that should be because you recognized that you needed a better sight picture, not because slower is better.

Second run: 294 - 13.30 (-4) at 15, 8.61 (-2) at 10, 4.57 at 5.

User Tag List