Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 249: HiTS Super Test and Advanced Super Test

Week 249: HiTS Super Test and Advanced Super Test

Results may be posted until January 29th, 2018.

Designed by: original by Ken Hackathorn, this variation by Hardwired Tactical Shooting
    Range: 5-15 yards
    Target: B8 repair center, download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: Low ready or holstered - see variations below
    Rounds Fired: 30

Let's close out the year with HiTS' variation of the classic Test!

For the HiTS Super Test, start all strings from low ready. For the HiTS Advanced Super Test, start all strings from the holster.

String 1: 15 yards, shoot 10 rounds in 15 seconds
    String 2: 10 yards, shoot 10 rounds in 10 seconds
    String 3: 5 yards, shoot 10 rounds in 5 seconds

Add up your points. The goal is 270 or better. Overtime shots score zero.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Equipment used: gun, holster (if applicable)
    Start position: ready (Super Test) or holstered (Advanced Super Test)
    Total score out of 300 possible
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

CZ P 09, SAO
    PMC Bronze 115
    Low Ready, Safety on
    203/300 Epic Fail
    From the box to the range.
    Had plenty of time left on each string and should have slowed down. Lost 5 rounds at 15 yards

Name:  ast_cz.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  55.1 KB

Glock 34 gen 4
    my reloads, Hornady 124
    AIWB DSG holster under a mid weight shirt and winter coat.
    268( or close to it)
    Some how I went faster than last time without trying to. Maybe because I know this gun better. Still grouping to the left. Both low hits I called at 10 yards, they were rounds 7 & 8 in the string.
    My 2018 goals are going to be heavy focused on getting my accuracy to a better point and some time management work.
    Name:  ast_g34.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  42.6 KB
    Last edited by Artemas2; 12-29-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Equipment used: Wilson Combat/Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical
    Start position: low ready (Super Test)
    Total score out of 300 possible: 91/11.15s, 96/8.00s, 95/3.89s. Total score 282.
    Anything you noticed: Going from the square-notch rear of my carry 92G to the U-notch rear on the Brig Tac threw me off a little. I need to get my rear sights standardized. Wish I had slowed just a bit more for the 15 yard run; I'd like to get consistently >290 on this drill, at least from low ready.

Sig 226 Legion 9mm
    Low Ready
    Indoors
    243/300

My pacing was really poor. All but one shot was in the black for string one. But I was right at the time limit.

String two I pushed the pace to much. Took 6.5 seconds and I yanked two low and off the target.

String three was shot too fast also and I yanked another mike low off the target.

One more thing. The Dawson sights are a lot easier to be accurate with then the X-rays. I feel like the X-ray front was easier to pickup quickly and easier to track at speed. I might change my mind when I get outdoors again though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I've found it takes a fair bit of practice to use 15 seconds properly - from the modified FBI Bullseye we did some time back and I do regularly. Yet always struggle to pace 15 seconds.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've found it takes a fair bit of practice to use 15 seconds properly - from the modified FBI Bullseye we did some time back and I do regularly. Yet always struggle to pace 15 seconds.
    I've been doing this drill regularly since DB and Wayne shared it, and the 15 second time is almost impossible for me to budget properly. Closest I ever came was using 11.5 seconds. Usually the 15 yard string takes me about 10 seconds, the ten yard about 7.5 and the 5 yard a little more than 4. I do love this drill and it's one of my baseline tests when comparing pistols as well as the drill I usually start a range session with.

Hammertime

How should this drill be run with a lower capacity firearm? With my Glock 43 I have just been running it twice for each stage from the draw and adding the total time, but I am not sure if that is correct.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 12-29-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Doing a quick search on “HITS Super Test”, gives times of 4, 8 and 12 seconds from 5, 10 and 15 yards with a revolver. I in no way intend to speak for the gentlemen of Hits, but this seems reasonable for a G43.

G19.4 with RC Morrigan @ 3:30.
    Holstered and concealed.

283/300
    First two strings were under the par time. Last string was not by one shot. Last shot was yanked right in the 8 ring, so my actual total score is 275.

The first two strings felt easy. That last string I tried going too fast and got trigger freeze towards the end and went over time. I think I got a little bit of the yips as I haven’t had serious live practice in a month and was actively trying not to fail.

Good drill. I need to do it more.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

WC- CenTac
    Low Ready
    Passed with a 277. Such a fun drill and a great way to end the year!
    Name:  IMG_2430.jpg
Views: 1276
Size:  45.7 KB
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List