Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glass for Tikka T3x Lite in 300 win mag

Glass for Tikka T3x Lite in 300 win mag

I got a Tikka T3x lite for Christmas and need suggestions for a scope. The gun is in 300 win mag and has the 620mm (24.3”) barrel. I’ve got a little experience with a Remington 700 and the M3a/MK4 Leupold scope on a work gun. Id like a decent scope but would rather my pants not be takin down over the price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mule. :-
    I assume this is primarily for hunting only? Are light weight/low light important?
    What's your realistic top dollar for glass? Do you have a ring setup in mind?

Thanks for the response!

Yes, mostly hunting.

The guns pretty light so a light weight scope would be nice but not mandatory. Same with low light abilities.

Anything too much over $1200 i’d have trouble explaining to my wife.

Medium rings seem the most practical. At least in my very limited experience.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I have a T3 Lite in 3006 and I have been pleased with my Talley Rings. I had a Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40 scope on it - no complaints - great scope for the money but way below $1200. Over the holidays I picked up a like new Leupold VX6 2-12x42 and that is a VERY nice scope.

I'd be looking at the Nightforce SHV 4-14 F1 in that price range. Reticle may be a bit thin for heavy woods, so check it out in person and see if it works for you.

Otherwise the Trij Accupower 3-9 is available with a Mil or MOA setup and capped turrets. They seem like a great deal for the price.

Im a bit of a scope junkie, but it’s ok bc I’ll admit it [emoji16]

You didn’t say range or anything about FFP or SFP. I’m assuming you’ll be shooting inside 300yds and you’ll be ok with SFP.

Under $1200 look no further
    https://www.eurooptic.com/RZR-1572-R...-RZR-1572.aspx

I own a Nightforce SHV, it is a little heavy for hunting in my opinion.

Scopes are like anything anything else. Diminishing returns...$1200 puts you in a peculiar spot. I personally would stay under 1k or be willing to go 1700-2000

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    Im a bit of a scope junkie, but it’s ok bc I’ll admit it [emoji16]

You didn’t say range or anything about FFP or SFP. I’m assuming you’ll be shooting inside 300yds and you’ll be ok with SFP.

Under $1200 look no further
    https://www.eurooptic.com/RZR-1572-R...-RZR-1572.aspx

I own a Nightforce SHV, it is a little heavy for hunting in my opinion.

Scopes are like anything anything else. Diminishing returns...$1200 puts you in a peculiar spot. I personally would stay under 1k or be willing to go 1700-2000

For the OP -if you are LE /MIL Vortex has an excellent LE/MIL sales program.

I’ve been extremely happy with my Burris XTR 2 3-15x50 FFP Mil/Mil.
    https://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/...cope-3-15x50mm
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I mounted a Vortex PST 2 1-6 on my Tikka Lite as low as possible and had to build up the comb with foam and ACE wrap to get a good cheek weld. A scope in medium wrings may be to high. If I were to do it over I would go with a 1" tube in those Warne ring/mounts as low as possible. There is a thread on here where the Warne rings are discussed.

User Tag List