Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Did you notice that the Glock magwell is in the box? It's even in the picture on Gunbroker. Go to picture #30 to see it.
    Hey thanks! I’ll talk to them on Monday!!!

Any updates in regards to the barrel nut coming loose after shooting several hundred rounds? I'm considering picking one of these up.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I gotta admit... I have been waffling over getting either a Ruger PCC or a Beretta CX4 in 9mm. Both have (to me) semi-serious design flaws, both have (again, to me) irritating shooting characteristics, and both have (yet again, etc)
    iron sights that don't really work for me. "Nonetheless," he said.

Locally, the Rugers seem to still need checking for tightness due to the takedown feature. Tightening everything up is no big deal until the day it somehow becomes a big deal... and that is what still keeps me from getting one.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I gotta admit... I have been waffling over getting either a Ruger PCC or a Beretta CX4 in 9mm. Both have (to me) semi-serious design flaws, both have (again, to me) irritating shooting characteristics, and both have (yet again, etc)
    iron sights that don't really work for me. "Nonetheless," he said.

Locally, the Rugers seem to still need checking for tightness due to the takedown feature. Tightening everything up is no big deal until the day it somehow becomes a big deal... and that is what still keeps me from getting one.
    I have both and have admittedly very few rounds through either, BUT if the Ruger could take B92 mags AND the takedown feature could be eliminated or at least made a non-issue it would be my preference. The aftermarket for the Ruger is larger and the 2 things I'd like changed are the only 2 I haven't yet seen addressed by the aftermarket (unless @zaitcev has the 92 adapter worked out?).
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I have both and have admittedly very few rounds through either, BUT if the Ruger could take B92 mags AND the takedown feature could be eliminated or at least made a non-issue it would be my preference. The aftermarket for the Ruger is larger and the 2 things I'd like changed are the only 2 I haven't yet seen addressed by the aftermarket (unless @zaitcev has the 92 adapter worked out?).
    The Ruger with the free-float forend option is definitely the more "modular" of the two.

The iron sights both suck for me in different ways, but I'd red dot either one, so that's a wash.

I now have more 92 or PX4 magazines than Glock magazines, so advantage to me: CX4.

The Beretta seems to have a slight edge as far as being "trouble-free" for people I know and one range that has rented both. This is admittedly a smaller sample of Berettas, but that same smaller sample goes farther back in time.

It is a dilemma.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Any updates in regards to the barrel nut coming loose after shooting several hundred rounds? I'm considering picking one of these up.
    I put a witness mark on mine when I bought it...after a couple hundred rounds it loosened one click. I returned it to "zero" and have put another 300 - 400 round through it since with no more movement.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    (unless @zaitcev has the 92 adapter worked out?).
    The Beretta 92 adapter worked out great, but I would recommend against buying a Ruger PCC with the sole intent of using it with my adapter. Although I use a better than commonly used material, there's no way for the adapter to last longer than 2,000 rounds. I only use mine for casually shooting in Steel Challenge and plinking.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I put a witness mark on mine when I bought it...after a couple hundred rounds it loosened one click. I returned it to "zero" and have put another 300 - 400 round through it since with no more movement.
    I was smirking to myself while reading these reports on forums, but a month ago one of mine slipped two clicks too. I cannot remember well, but hopefully I didn't make any arrogant posts implying that people cannot read manuals. Granted, I use that gun for testing adapters, so I took it down more than I shot it: because I made 200 adapters, I took it down more than 200 times. Nonetheless, the point being, the click wheel is not the guarantee that I thought it were, even when it's in ideal condition. OTL

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    The Beretta 92 adapter worked out great, but I would recommend against buying a Ruger PCC with the sole intent of using it with my adapter. Although I use a better than commonly used material, there's no way for the adapter to last longer than 2,000 rounds. I only use mine for casually shooting in Steel Challenge and plinking.
    Thanks, I either missed the update they were working or I was thinking of an adapter for a different magazine. I already own the Ruger and a couple of adapters would probably last me years.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Someone finally offers a barrel that retains the takedown function.

https://albertatacticalrifle.com/pro...rbine-barrels/

User Tag List