Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Are these generally reliable? For the price I’m considering one for my ban state. I own a g19 too. Not really the “rifle” I imagined getting but I’m curious
    Reliable until you float it or have scant pressure in the shoulder pocket. Otherwise, mine seems to eat about and has exceeded my expectations.

Don't care for the weight, the lame set screw adjusted irons, and my front iron shooting loose early on.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    It is perplexing to me that Ruger has not come out with a "Charger" pistol version of the PCC yet.
    https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCharger/models.html

They read your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Reliable until you float it or have scant pressure in the shoulder pocket. Otherwise, mine seems to eat about and has exceeded my expectations.

Don't care for the weight, the lame set screw adjusted irons, and my front iron shooting loose early on.
    What about the railed version? Is that what you meant by “float”?

What about the railed version? Is that what you meant by “float”?
    Sorry, posted in a hurry. My model has the railed receiver but not the fore end. By floating I mean not having the gun mounted in the shoulder pocket or placed with little pressure. No resistance as it cycles and a stoppage results. There's probably a better word or description, long day today. The gun is a little more sensitive to that than I like, but reliability is better than I expected overall. Hope that helps.

Like the long gun equivalent of limp wristing?

Like the long gun equivalent of limp wristing?
    Yeah, close enough.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Once the barrel is properly seated and the nut tightened, I'd think a couple of drops of red loctite would solve the problem without being a permanent alteration. If/when I get enough rounds through mine for it to be an issue I'll give it a try.
    Don't know why this thought just wandered through my head. (Well, actually I do, but I'm going to spare you all the story.) I googled "ruger pcc red loctite" and came back here. I've said for awhile I wanted Ruger to make a version of the PCC where the barrel loosening wasn't a problem. Thought Loctite might do it. Maybe Rocksett. If Ruger won't "unscrew" themselves and make a fixed barrel version that won't unscrew itself, that doesn't mean someone else can't.

So...didja ever try this?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Nope, got sidetracked and stuff. The more I think about it, Rocksett might be the The Answer*™ since it's not supposed to be affected by heat.

Once the barrel and nut are set either drop Rocksett into the threads OR pull the barrel and remount with Rocksett like the AR guys do when "bedding" a barrel and upper receiver?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Is there a Beretta 92 mag adapter or yet?
    I've been working on a Beretta 92 magwell for Ruger PCC since the late 2020 or early 2021. Went through at least 5 prototypes:

Prototype 1: Just take Fraurem RU9M17 and make it even longer. That was plain ugly and had issues. The very long swinger required a precise manufacturing or hand-fitting, and even then it was not reliable enough.

Prototype 2: Make a clean-sheet, center-activated adapter (like Ruger's own RAP and SR9 magwells), with a slider like on AR9 P320 magwells. This one almost made it and I showcased pictures at P-F. Unfortunately, Beretta notch is too narrow for the geometry to work like on AR9. It was possible to bend the latch by jamming the magazine in. I was very sad. Also! I bought a PC Charger and it turned out that its chassis differs from PC Carbine: there's no space for this kind of mechanism, even if I made it work. That discovery made me feel a little better about abandoning it.

Here's one of Prototype 2 units that I kept as a memento:

Name:  ru9b92_p14_history.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  46.0 KB

The markings say "RU9B92 P.14" because the prototype numbers for all RU9 were straight, e.g. it's 2nd Beretta but 14th RU9. The silver sharpie shading denotes the area that interferes with PC Charger and must be removed from any future designs.

Prototype 3: Take a traditional RU9 like P320, but flip the swinger upside down. The RU9 grounds (has an axis) at the very bottom for a set of reasons, mainly the durability and the balance of forces that provide a reliable magazine retention. If one just reverts it in order to reach Beretta's stupidly low mag notch, the latch will either have too much friction to work at all, or will eat into plastic. I used a nail as an axis to resolve the issues. But while I was tinkering with this, the RA9 series of mainline adapters debuted and made this work obsolete.

Prototype 4: Take the new RA9C CZ-75 adapter and make its slider longer vertically. That could work if the body were metal, but sadly the very large distance between the activation bar and the latch in case of Beretta made the slider tilt and eat into the plastic. On the CZ-75 there's almost no tilt, but Beretta is very different.

Prototype 5: A side-activated adapter like RA9 series, but with a cunning mechanism inside. I'm waiting for the laser-cut parts for that one. This time for sure!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    That is some impressive work!

User Tag List