Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Given the takedown nature of it, is it sketchy to have a rail for mounting optics on the receiver instead of mounting that to the barrel? Won't that introduce potential for accuracy issues at medium/long ranges?
    Obviously, it's all conjecture at this point but I'm doubting it makes much difference at less than 25 yards. At 50-100? I'd be willing to bet you'd see a real difference. Depends on what you want the gun for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Seems the various internet forums are pretty excited about the new carbine so I guess I'm in the minority.
    Well, I feel the same about most fora as you do about the carbine...

That acknowledged, reasons:
    1) “common glock mags" (I have a few)
    2) 9mm (cheap; plus, I have... some... on hand...)
    3) pistol-caliber only member range 4 min from my house
    4) takedown capability
    5) beginning shooters
    6) cans
    7)... well, there really isn’t a 7 I can think of at the moment. This is pure fun gun/practice rig/rehabilitation for me. No HD or ‘truck gun’ or any of that. But if this thing functions with magpul Gmags, I could pick it up from the LGS and commence running 3-400 rounds through it within minutes. Way back in college days, an acquaintance of mine had a camp carbine: that thing, plus a few tennis balls and the week’s worth of empty guiness cans would provide an afternoon of great fun. Man, I need an old-school outdoor shooting hole again. Tennis balls and pine trees > paper hanging in a lane, complimentary coffee be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Well, I feel the same about most fora as you do about the carbine...

That acknowledged, reasons:
    4) takedown capability
    5) beginning shooters
    6) cans
    7)... well, there really isn’t a 7 I can think of at the moment. This is pure fun gun/practice rig/rehabilitation for me. No HD or ‘truck gun’ or any of that. But if this thing functions with magpul Gmags, I could pick it up from the LGS and commence running 3-400 rounds through it within minutes. Way back in college days, an acquaintance of mine had a camp carbine: that thing, plus a few tennis balls and the week’s worth of empty guiness cans would provide an afternoon of great fun. Man, I need an old-school outdoor shooting hole again. Tennis balls and pine trees > paper hanging in a lane, complimentary coffee be damned.
    I understand the reasons why some will see a use for such a gun. I'm just not one of them.

Personally I would have rather seen a hicap 1911 based off the Caspian frame that retails for about a Grand. Or a reintroduction of the old school Mini-14 folding stock.

Not that Ruger has to cater their products to my wants and wishes....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

I posted this response in the pistol thread, because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Maybe not my finest moment...

At any rate, barring disaster, I’m in:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

reasons:
    4) takedown capability
    5) beginning shooters
    6) cans
    7)... well, there really isn’t a 7 I can think of at the moment. This is pure fun gun/practice rig/rehabilitation for me. No HD or ‘truck gun’ or any of that. But if this thing functions with magpul Gmags, I could pick it up from the LGS and commence running 3-400 rounds through it within minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Oh hell. I may have to get one depending on the price.

Chris
    Same here. With a 9mm can and some 33 round Glock mags this would be a fun range gun.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    10mm using G20 mags please.
    Will a blowback action handle hot 10mm's? I have a PC 40--which is accurate and hard hitting, but very heavy because of the bolt. For a 10mm, Ruger would have to make sure it worked for all non-+p loads, and there are some pretty hot 10mm loads out there. I think that either they'd have to make the bolt even heavier or make it gas operated, and a take-down model and gas operation wouldn't go together very well.

The truth is, though, that 155 and 165gr .40 cal loads out of a carbine are going to be travelling at the speed of a hot 10 mm from a handgun, so you might not need a true 10 mm carbine.

Jeff Quinn's review.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-PCCarbine.htm

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If the carbine runs well on 17 and 33 round glock mags, and it sells well, aftermarket will probably release stock assemblies(side folding, pistol grip, ar buffer tube adapting, magpuling, tacticooling) and this gun will rule the known universe in 3 or 4 years. Ruger is good at playing to the aftermarket. It is known.

User Tag List