Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    That does not look tacticool. It's like Clint Smith taping a D cell flashlight to a coach gun with duct tape. Have you NO sense of style!

Thanks for the laugh.
    You're welcome.

There's this but the mags might be too close together to clear the side of the carbine. Not sure but it might be worth playing with.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=921008

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    That does not look tacticool. It's like Clint Smith taping a D cell flashlight to a coach gun with duct tape. Have you NO sense of style!

Thanks for the laugh.
    Works on Ferrari race cars:

https://www.amazon.com/Duck-280831-P...dp/B007V4YAOK/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for Lone Wolf suggestion. When I searched, my Google-fu terms didn't bring it up. Duh.

It would seem to work for the 17s. Might work for 10 round G17 mags. Another Christmas present for myself?

Is there a huge ballistic difference between a bullet fired from this vs a G19/17?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Is there a huge ballistic difference between a bullet fired from this vs a G19/17?
    http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html

Is it not a ton or am I reading that wrong

There’s a big difference in the lighter bullet, hotter loads but not as much with the heavier bullets.

It’s interesting to compare with something like the .357 Magnum which can really take advantage of the extra barrel length.

Ok so I was reading right.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Ok so I was reading right.
    Pretty much. Seconding checking out either .357 or .327 fed mags when you have time... 4" to 16 0r 18" is night and day.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Took my new Ruger PCC to a carbine match just out of the box. I put the Glock mag well in and a Vortex Optics Crossfire Red Dot Sight on it.

I really like the gun. It shot very well. Not one hitch. I ran 10 and 15 round Glock 19 mags in it and 17 round G17 rounds in it. Why not 33's the crowd asked as I had to reload. Well, that's what I had. I also wanted to see how they ran, esp. the 10's for ban state visits (until Common Use Kavanaugh causes all bans to be lifted).

The gun is certainly accurate. Points down where 0,0,2 and an 11 and 12. The latter two were because:

1. I was too slow on a swinger and missed a shot. Bah.

2. On three far targets I shot too low. Need to take the gun and sight to a square range and diddle with it.

I'm seeing quite a few at the matches. It is a fun gun at a reasonable price. Yeah, you can buy an an AR style but not useful for ban state travel.

User Tag List