Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Academy has these on sale for $399 on Black Friday. I’ve been wanting a 9mm “carbine” that I could run suppressed for a while. Looked at the Sig and CZ or just building an AR but have not followed through with it. At $400 is there anything on the market that can compare?

I am a little late to the thread, but I won one of these at a USPSA match and thought I would sell it. I took it out for a test run and I actually think I am going to keep it.

Very accurate and so far (500 ends) reliable. I have it set up for the glock mags and it is a pretty soft shooting fun little tool. Ruger has been doing pretty good at coming out with affordable and quality products. This rifle is well worth the retail price.

Site Supporter
    I'm interested in one but I want one without the threaded barrel because it might travel to states that ban such (idiots). When last I asked at Academy or Bass, they didn't carry such and they are rare. Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I'm interested in one but I want one without the threaded barrel because it might travel to states that ban such (idiots). When last I asked at Academy or Bass, they didn't carry such and they are rare. Any hints?
    They are rare and getting rarer. Over the summer I ordered a Ruger PCC from my dealer in New Jersey. He assumed he'd be getting a non threaded barrel since everyone he'd gotten to that point was. I liked the idea since even though a threaded barrel is legal in New Jersey, I wanted to be able to shoot at matches in neighboring New York. After a wait, he got one in with a threaded barrel. I decided not to wait and bought it. It's pretty cheap to have a gunsmith secure the thread protector to the barrel to make it legal in non-threaded barrel states. I don't see much use for a threaded barrel on this gun, anyway. However, maybe if I could secure a bayonet...

Site Supporter
    If it is secured, is there some ruling that makes it legal in NY?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If it is secured, is there some ruling that makes it legal in NY?
    Can't give you a reference. General consensus at the matches is that the modification makes it legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    It's pretty cheap to have a gunsmith secure the thread protector to the barrel to make it legal in non-threaded barrel states.
    You had the thread protector pinned?

That was the only feature on the rifle, so would have been fine if left alone. At least current NJ law. Just pin the magazines to 10, and good to go.

You jerks didn’t talk me out of it so I can finally cross suppressed 9mm carbine off of my to buy list. I’ll have to find somewhere to shoot it that is quiet enough to evaluate. I’ve already threatened a late night gopher extermination mission but the boss frowned on that idea.

The challenge with suppressed 9mm PCC’s is that a 16” barrel is more than enough to get most ammo up to supersonic levels, which is anything but quiet.

If you reload then a very heavy bullet combined with a small amount of a fast powder and lower velocities (< 800 fps) can produce some vary satisfying results. Careful with pressure though - a harder primer like CCI’s is a good ldea. Also...beware ricochets...9mm rounds tend to bounce erratically.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Loknlod and I were discussing that this afternoon I’m hoping some of the 147s will stay sub and I have a couple boxes of a 158 gr sub to try out. If those both pop it’ll be back to the drawing board.

User Tag List