Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

One of the guys in my squad at tonight’s match was shooting one of these. Only PCC that actually worked out of 4. Neat little rifle. May need to get one of these.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I've been pestering anyone who will listen that Ruger needs to make a Charger version of the take down PCC that takes a pistol brace. 6-10 inch threaded barrel would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_[ View Post
    I've been pestering anyone who will listen that Ruger needs to make a Charger version of the take down PCC that takes a pistol brace. 6-10 inch threaded barrel would be sweet.
    I don't think Ruger has any interest in the brace idea.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So whats the over/under on Magpul coming out with a Takedown stock kit for it? I love their offering on the 10/22

Probably still seeing how popular they are and where the line may lead. Pistol caliber carbines is a very tricky market.

My understanding is that Ruger likes to make money so if enough people ask for it then they'll make it.

I had a nice chat with one of the Ruger LE sales folks today. We talked a bit about this little carbine.

He said Ruger has seen a pretty good interest in this gun as a patrol carbine. Departments issuing the Glock can use this gun without having to buy additional magazines, pouches, Etc. He said they've also had a pretty good interest from the school resource officer crowd. The gun breaks down nice and small and can be carried easily in a bag or pack so it is out of sight but handy in case of emergency.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    He said they've also had a pretty good interest from the school resource officer crowd. The gun breaks down nice and small and can be carried easily in a bag or pack so it is out of sight but handy in case of emergency.
    Now THAT is a use case I hadn't considered. Hell, they could walk around with it in a tennis racket bag like so many gunnies show online with their SBRs or AR pistols and hide the gun in plain site. I jest a bit about the racket bag, but the point is it can be completely innocuous and not bother anyone.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Now THAT is a use case I hadn't considered.
    Me, neither.

Anyone looking back through this thread a bit will see that I am not really a fan of the PCC. But I suppose it does have its limited usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Me, neither.

Anyone looking back through this thread a bit will see that I am not really a fan of the PCC. But I suppose it does have its limited usefulness.

PCCs are for fun plinking happy time.

User Tag List