Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Site Supporter
    Takes glock 9mm mags? Last round bolt hold open ? Takedown? I’ll get three if they work

Ruger’s new PCC ?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    10mm using G20 mags please.
    This wasn’t my immediate thought, and yet I’m digging that idea.

Didn’t they just come out with a rather nonsensical 10mm revolver? Clearly there are some 10mm fans floating around Ruger.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 12-28-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Oh hell. I may have to get one depending on the price.

Chris

One in 9mm would make a nice companion to my wife's Glock 19.

One in 10mm would make a nice companion to my Glock 20. I'd hunt deer with that here on the property, no problem.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Well, Ruger appears to be heading back to the future with a pistol caliber carbine. According to the website it will work with mags from the Security 9.

I'm sure the new carbine is fun to shoot but ultimately seems pretty pointless. Hasn't the Beretta Storm, Marlin Camp Carbine, Ruger PC9/40 already been done? Yeah the magazine interface is kind of neat but that's about it.

Talk about yawn....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    That's interesting to me for several reasons:

1. The original guns were promoted for police in part to avoid the politically incorrect AR platforms. When pointed out that the rounds would not be so useful in the LA Bank Robbery shootout, one gun rag writer said - that at least you could more accurate leg shots.

2. With IDPA having a pistol caliber divison, that might be a nice gun for that and not that expensive as compared to some AR platforms.

3. It might be a nice, go every state long arm that doesn't light up the states with AWBs. So if you moved to NY for instance, and wanted to shoot IDPA, you would have to wait and hope you could get a pistol permit - but it takes a long time. Now, you could have an inexpensive pistol caliber carbine to compete in regular matches until approved. Also, a good HD gun.

So if it isn't too expensive, I'd be interested - if I could lift a rifle again (rant about car accidents and seeing the surgeons next year - haha - next week).

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Well, Ruger appears to be heading back to the future with a pistol caliber carbine. According to the website it will work with mags from the Security 9.

I'm sure the new carbine is fun to shoot but ultimately seems pretty pointless. Hasn't the Beretta Storm, Marlin Camp Carbine, Ruger PC9/40 already been done? Yeah the magazine interface is kind of neat but that's about it.

Talk about yawn....
    ^^^Given advertised compatibility with Glock magazines, I’m not personally yawning, and the marketplace may be caffeinated too. How long have we been waiting for a "glock carbine" that’s at least good enough not to be bad? And it’s a takedown...

I’ve certainly spent more money on dumber shit in my day; I’d throw one in the safe at anticipated street prices, as part of my inexorable caliber consolidating.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Site Supporter
    Interesting. I saw this on Recoil's RSS feed, but the page didn't load when I tried to click through. Accepting Glock mags will really increase the appeal, as will the fact that this is a take down model. However, in 9mm I don't see this doing anything that the Beretta CX4 doesn't generally do.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pangloss; 12-28-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ^^^Given advertised compatibility with Glock magazines, I’m not personally yawning, and the marketplace may be caffeinated too. How long have we been waiting for a "glock carbine" that’s at least good enough not to be bad? And it’s a takedown...

I’ve certainly spent more money on dumber shit in my day; I’d throw one in the safe at anticipated street prices, as part of my inexorable caliber consolidating.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html
    Seems the various internet forums are pretty excited about the new carbine so I guess I'm in the minority.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I probably ought to have one of these.

edit to add: It looks like this might have an adjustable comb and stock length. That would be great. The American series of Ruger rifles have those.
    Last edited by BN; 12-28-2017 at 01:12 PM.

User Tag List