Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Anyone know if this gun is NYS legal? It has a detachable mag and threaded barrel. Looking at the SAFE pages, this seems a banned gun.
    Reason for asking is that we sometimes visit the old Buffalo area and was wondering if it would be ok to take there. As said before, my visit NY gun has been a 10/22.
    I believe there is a version without the threaded barrel.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    It also had an adjustable stock, I saw. If I read NYS correctly, that's two bad things. The mag and stock would ban it ? NYS gun laws are clearly unconstitutional as a side issue but Congress and the courts are currently useless (we don't have to go there in this thread, just ranting). I was just trying to figure out if the gun works for NYS.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    It also had an adjustable stock, I saw. If I read NYS correctly, that's two bad things. The mag and stock would ban it ? NYS gun laws are clearly unconstitutional as a side issue but Congress and the courts are currently useless (we don't have to go there in this thread, just ranting). I was just trying to figure out if the gun works for NYS.
    Having recently had to interpret NY State's insanity for a friend PCSing there (Army) - having different spacers that can be inserted/removed to change length of pull isn't 'adjustable' by NYS standards, but something like an M4/AR15 carbine stock is. Same for folding stocks, of course.

While the threaded muzzle makes NYS's evil list, there's no established guidance on whether or not the muzzle nut can simply be spot-welded in place or welded+pinned and meet the legal standard. I believe welding and pinning would hold up in court when citing how that meets BATF importation rules, but IANAL.

Agreed that the spacers in the stock don't make it "adjustable" under NYS law. However, unless you definitely intend to suppress this rifle, the non-threaded barrel version seems to make more sense as a "go anywhere" autoloader...

About 100 rounds today. After much fiddling around with different scopes, I finally got a cheap 3x9 scope mounted. The rear sight interferes with the 6-18X Vortex I "borrowed" from another rifle.

Magpul mags still running OK. An old Gen 2 non drop free mag didn't work. I had to force it into the mag well and then it didn't feed the first round.

At 50 yards I was using a Caldwell front rest with a rear bag. I shot 5 shots with the front rest just in front of the mag well and 5 shots with the rest at the front sling stud. It looks like the group resting on the sling stud was about 2 inches higher.
    Name:  IMG_1710.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  37.9 KB

I tried it first at 25 yards and it is hard to tell the difference.
    Name:  IMG_1709.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  85.3 KB

After tweaking the scope a little, I fired 11 rounds for group at 50 yards resting in front of the mag well.
    Name:  IMG_1711.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  99.5 KB

All ammo today was my IDPA 147 grain hand loads.

I'm probably end up with an Aimpoint mini red dot

Anybody know if 10/22 Tech Sights will work on this?

Site Supporter
    Thanks for that post regarding impact shift Bill.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    Thanks for that post regarding impact shift Bill.
    I actually don't think it is much of a problem. I was using a 9 power scope to be able to see it. Most of these guns will be shot with a red dot or iron sights where I don't think it will show up. Also, I'm not sure I wouldn't have seen the impact change with any carbine trying the same shooting style.
    Last edited by BN; 01-25-2018 at 04:59 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    In stock, and these guys ship for free.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/1712281316103
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Picked one up last week.

Fun little rifle. Perfect for beginners or small statured folks.

Put my Primary Arms blem red dot on it, and my 15 year old son put a full magazine through the 10 ring at 25 yards. The smile on his face alone was worth the price of the rifle.

Didn't clean it before I took it to the range. 150 "flawless" rounds using both OEM and Magpul glock mags.

User Tag List