Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    In my case, the fact that it is a traditional rifle configuration that can accept grandfathered regular capacity magazines is a HUGE component of why I own one. I can also see it’s appeal to those who are familiar with the 10/22 as it is pretty much a 9mm version of the worlds most common semi auto rimfire.

*If* I lived in a free(er) state and wanted to get heavily into PCC matches I would go a different way, but the rifle suites my current needs quite well despite its quirks.

Other’s milage will vary.
    Gotcha, makes sense. All victims of our own circumstance.

I want it because it’s ban-friendLy, but also because it’s packable. I’d like to keep one in our campervan for road trips into unfriendly states. In fact I don’t even care about reduced capacity in those circumstances.

As it is, my pcc competition gun is kinda a “takedown”. I have to u screw the suppressor from the 10in barrel on my AR SBR…
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Gotcha, makes sense. All victims of our own circumstance.

I want it because it’s ban-friendLy, but also because it’s packable. I’d like to keep one in our campervan for road trips into unfriendly states. In fact I don’t even care about reduced capacity in those circumstances.

As it is, my pcc competition gun is kinda a “takedown”. I have to u screw the suppressor from the 10in barrel on my AR SBR…
    Agreed - the takedown feature would be ideal for you and the rifle would suit you well.

I know it’s cliche to repeat the mantra “mission drives the gear” but it really does.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I pretty sure I posted this somewhere else in this thread, but here it goes again. I am in the same boat as Suvorov for another few years. I have tons of legal, regular capacity Glock magazines to use in the rifle (currently in CA). I actually like the feel of a traditional rifle stock and that also happens to make it legal in CA (well at least one of the things). I love the takedown feature and use it often. This rifle goes on most of our road trips and stores very easily under the rear seat of my truck.

I mounted a red dot to the receiver years ago and have not had a problem with a change in zero. I do check the tension on the barrel collar regularly. Mine has not moved, but I have heard that other folks have had this happen. The most appealing part of the rifle is that it functions like the 10/22.

It is the only rifle that everyone in my family can load, unload, and shoot well. This is a huge plus for me especially when it comes to the wife. I have tried for years to get her to like an AR or several different handguns. All have been pretty much a no go. She does love the 10/22 so we settled on her 10/22 loaded with Velocitors. She fell in love with the PC Carbine the first time she shot it. The very first thing she told me was that it was just like a big 10/22.

Mine has been 100% so far. I did some MCarbo upgrades during the pandemic mostly out of boredom. I realize that it is not a true rifle and it has certain limitations. Those limitations don't come into play for most of the things we expect the carbine to do. Everyone has individual needs, but for our family the PC Carbine is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post

I mounted a red dot to the receiver years ago and have not had a problem with a change in zero. I do check the tension on the barrel collar regularly. Mine has not moved, but I have heard that other folks have had this happen. The most appealing part of the rifle is that it functions like the 10/22.
    There are a bunch of mounts you can use to mount red dots to the barrel if you want to not woory about zero shifts and like the more forward mount.

I bought mine used and it came with one-

https://taccom3g.com/product/ruger-p...c-sight-mount/

Here's a plate one-

https://www.tandemkross.com/shadowmo...rugerpccarbine

I have holosun 403 on mine and I like the more forward position.

I’m late to the party here, but would not Rocksett definitively fix the barrel loosening issue?

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    There are a bunch of mounts you can use to mount red dots to the barrel if you want to not woory about zero shifts and like the more forward mount.

I bought mine used and it came with one-

https://taccom3g.com/product/ruger-p...c-sight-mount/

Here's a plate one-

https://www.tandemkross.com/shadowmo...rugerpccarbine

I have holosun 403 on mine and I like the more forward position.
    Those look great!

I have a red dot mounted on the barrel of my take down 10/22 and it works perfect. I really want to keep the iron sights on the PC Carbine however. It would be nice if Magpul made a similar mount for the PC Carbine. OR if someone made a good folding back up sight for the receiver.

Right now I have no problem with the current set up so I can be patient.

I just don't understand people who want to glue the click wheel in place. They are trying to glue what to what, exactly? The wheel to threads?

What next, are they going to glue their AR buffer tubes because the detent isn't working right?

Why not just fix the clicker if yours is broken?

Ruger refuse to sell parts such as detent and its spring, but they can be sweet-talked into sharing them for free. Or you can replace the spring with a more powerful one from Grainger.

Makes me want one, only just realized my EDC pack is just to small to fit this awesomeness when broken down.

If I can't fit in EDC pack, why not just get Beretta CX4 Storm for the same price w/ this + Magpul Stock?

How is it Magpul can completely fail to give the measurement for what the stock length is when taken down for storage? This is literally the most critical metric for a takedown rifle, IMO. Can anybody measure their's to confirm 100%? It looks to be around 19" but I hope to be wrong and that it's more like 18" so it will fit my EDC pack...

User Tag List