Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

I’m on the same page. I really like pcc carbines and I see a use for one of these but until they make a none takedown version it’s just not worth it to me. Especially if they make a none takedown version pc charger.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I can always buy some more Glock mags. My reason for holding out is that I really hate it when the barrel starts to fall off. Lots of people have consistent trouble with that, even when they follow the directions.
    Fair point about Glock mags.

I've been wondering as well if a quick spot weld would just solve that problem forever. I don't anticipate I'd ever use the takedown feature anyway.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Fair point about Glock mags.

I've been wondering as well if a quick spot weld would just solve that problem forever. I don't anticipate I'd ever use the takedown feature anyway.
    Surely you know someone who can put a nice little patch of TIG on it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Surely you know someone who can put a nice little patch of TIG on it.
    Absolutely. I've just got 6-8 other guns to finish building/getting right/etc before I dive in on this. One of the Ruger PCC's with the MLOK forend and Magpul Glock drum to act as a modern cyberpunkish PPSh clone appeals to my nonsensical tastes for impractical space guns in a big way, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    I’m on the same page. I really like pcc carbines and I see a use for one of these but until they make a non-takedown version it’s just not worth it to me.
    Taccom has you covered:

https://taccom3g.com/product/16-xlw-...er-pc-carbine/

Note that the actual barrel is only 5" long. The rest is an aluminum sleeve for legal reasons. So if you have PC Charger, you can take a pipe cutter to it very easily.

Yeah that’s cool and all but I’ll wait until it’s a factory non takedown.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Catching up on this thread and came here to ask about this specific model. If anyone has one, etc.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine...ets/19130.html

Curious what the objections are to takedown? Or, I guess, why not something else if non-takedown is preferred?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Catching up on this thread and came here to ask about this specific model. If anyone has one, etc.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine...ets/19130.html

Curious what the objections are to takedown? Or, I guess, why not something else if non-takedown is preferred?
    The takedown feature presents three problems:
    1) Added weight to an already too heavy gun.
    2) Potential change in zero every time the barrel is dismounted.
    3) The collar that ratchets to barrel to the receiver has a tendency to come loose over time or when not set by the user as per the instructions which results in accuracy dropping off and malfunctions.

I have not experienced #2 or #3 but my use of the rifle has been limited and I have not used the take down feature.

I would imagine in Ruger’s eyes, the number of people who really worry about any of these defects is small enough not to worry. That said as most users have very little use for the takedown feature, most of us would rather forgo the system all together.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    One of the Ruger PCC's with the MLOK forend and Magpul Glock drum to act as a modern cyberpunkish PPSh clone appeals to my nonsensical tastes for impractical space guns in a big way, though!
    I’m having a really hard time not turning mine into a “Ruger Papasha” the it’s role as the politically correct looking home defense carbine precludes such action. When I move to a free(er) state and its role is taken by a Scorpion EVO3 then I might have to revisit the idea.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 07-31-2022 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The takedown feature presents three problems:
    1) Added weight to an already too heavy gun.
    2) Potential change in zero every time the barrel is dismounted.
    3) The collar that ratchets to barrel to the receiver has a tendency to come loose over time or when not set by the user as per the instructions which results in accuracy dropping off and malfunctions.

I have not experienced #2 or #3 but my use of the rifle has been limited and I have not used the take down feature.
    Right, so… it’s a takedown. I guess what I’m not getting is why someone that doesn’t want a takedown wouldn’t want to just buy something else? 1 & 2 just kinda seem to me to come with the territory, and are trade offs relative to the takedown use case. Arguably so is #3. I mean, if there’s another takedown available that does t have those issues I guess I’d take it.

I would imagine in Ruger’s eyes, the number of people who really worry about any of these defects is small enough not to worry.
    I imagine there’s some truth to that. But then, it’s a takedown. For someone that DOES want a takedown and believes they have a use case for it it’s not likely something I’d go shoot at a match regularly other than maybe to sort it out from time to time.

That said as most users have very little use for the takedown feature, most of us would rather forgo the system all together.
    Most users have no use for a takedown feature but buy a takedown rifle. I guess that’s what I’m not understanding.

I’m having a really hard time not turning mine into a “Ruger Papasha” the it’s role as the politically correct looking home defense carbine precludes such action. When I move to a free(er) state and its role is taken by a Scorpion EVO3 then I might have to revisit the idea.
    So is that the deal? People wanting a ban-friendly gun find this to be an otherwise desirable/only option and therefore are pissed that the function that someone like me DOES want the gun for is in conflict with what they want living in a restricted area?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    In my case, the fact that it is a traditional rifle configuration that can accept grandfathered regular capacity magazines is a HUGE component of why I own one. I can also see it’s appeal to those who are familiar with the 10/22 as it is pretty much a 9mm version of the worlds most common semi auto rimfire.

*If* I lived in a free(er) state and wanted to get heavily into PCC matches I would go a different way, but the rifle suites my current needs quite well despite its quirks. While I may end up with an EVO as my main PCC I still see it’s value in being a non threatening camp carbine that my boys being reared on a 10/22 can transition too.

Other’s milage will vary.

User Tag List