Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There are regional differences in reasons for buying new guns. If you live in Alaska, Montana, Wyoming or plan to visit there in the next ten years, “bear gun.” If you live down south, it is a “snake gun.” If you live on the coast, it is a “shark gun.”

Regardless of where you live, the number one reason is it it may become illegal to buy in the future, followed only by “wife’s home defense gun.”
    Spot on.... She has more than a few options at her disposal.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Added a light and a PA micro dot tonight. Gonna go shoot it tomorrow.
    Attachment 34897
    Looks great! Pretty similar to how I’m setting up mine. I’ll be taking it out for the first time on Thursday.

What are people thinking as far as zero distance ? I’m currently thinking 25 yards given this guns intended role - but not having done the ballistics - I don’t want the sights to be useless at 50yards for small game.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Another one for the minds here - my defense load stash is Winchester Ranger in the +p and +p+ flavors. While I tend to favore the high pressure load in my handguns I am thinking that the extra velocity of the carbine might tend to make that bullet do funny things and am thinking to zero and load with the +p. Any thoughts for concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Looks great! Pretty similar to how I’m setting up mine. I’ll be taking it out for the first time on Thursday.

What are people thinking as far as zero distance ? I’m currently thinking 25 yards given this guns intended role - but not having done the ballistics - I don’t want the sights to be useless at 50yards for small game.
    Play with this, using the advanced function for Zero Range (Suggest 100 yards) and "Distance Step" (suggest 5 yards):

Roughly speaking with variables, you can set your sights where POA = POI at 100 and ~20+/- yards...

http://gundata.org/ballistic-calculator/

Another one for the minds here - my defense load stash is Winchester Ranger in the +p and +p+ flavors. While I tend to favore the high pressure load in my handguns I am thinking that the extra velocity of the carbine might tend to make that bullet do funny things and am thinking to zero and load with the +p. Any thoughts for concern?
    The carbine will probably add 100+ fps to your pistol loads, no need for +P, much less +P+, but use what you've got.

I've got Fed HST 147's.

I use mine in IDPA/USPSA and it is only a "games" gun and I have mine zeroed at 25 yards. I do not have any problems engaging from zero out to fifty. For shots beyond forty, I just drop my point of aim to the bottom of the -0/A scoring areas. Shooting PCC has actually made the games fun again.

With that said, you also have a group that zero at 15 yards while another zeroes at 50 yards. 25 yard zero works for me.
    Last edited by gtmtnbiker98; 02-05-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Well, the first outing was a bit of a disappointment. I loaded up 15 rounds and dumped it as quick as I could just to see how it tracked. About round 11, the barrel quick detached itself. I could feel it rotate. Tried several times. Same thing. Barrel nut is cranked down. Going back to Ruger. I will say it was painless to get a RMA. No hassle at all. I videotaped it. I’ll upload it to YouTube and post it here in a bit. I really want to like this. Hopefully they’ll get it worked out.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Well, the first outing was a bit of a disappointment. I loaded up 15 rounds and dumped it as quick as I could just to see how it tracked. About round 11, the barrel quick detached itself. I could feel it rotate. Tried several times. Same thing. Barrel nut is cranked down. Going back to Ruger. I will say it was painless to get a RMA. No hassle at all. I videotaped it. I’ll upload it to YouTube and post it here in a bit. I really want to like this. Hopefully they’ll get it worked out.
    How is the spring pressure on the release "tab"? Mine seems pretty stiff, as in easy to move with a thumb, hard to move with a pinky finger.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    How is the spring pressure on the release "tab"? Mine seems pretty stiff, as in easy to move with a thumb, hard to move with a pinky finger.
    Pretty stiff.

https://youtu.be/3InJYr8Rpxk
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Anyone have luck or issues getting the thread protector off? Unlike the pics, mine is not knurled. Efforts with a rubber strap wrench and a propane torch, even using a chest freezer for barrel + torch for thread protector are unsuccessful so far. I've got it suspended vertically with the thread protector submerged in small glass jar of Kroil at the moment.

Hoping not to destroy it, but not the end of the world if I have to. I could go to peening it a bit with a hammer and/or a pipe wrench or cutting it with a dremel wheel if I HAD to.

User Tag List