Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Switched out the mag wells tonight before getting the magazine release set for a left hander. Two questions:

a) has anyone switched the safety to a left hand friendly version? I’ve been spoiled by having changed them around on my 870s;
    b) anyone seen a buttstock mag pouch or even a fore end pouch that would hold a spare Glock mag as a reload? Years back, Eagle Ind made a pistol mag pouch that attached to the shooters forearm. Using a bunch of mil grade elastic and some nylon, it would hold a spare pistol mag. I’m thinking a buttstock mounted/attached version of that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    b) anyone seen a buttstock mag pouch or even a fore end pouch that would hold a spare Glock mag as a reload? Years back, Eagle Ind made a pistol mag pouch that attached to the shooters forearm. Using a bunch of mil grade elastic and some nylon, it would hold a spare pistol mag. I’m thinking a buttstock mounted/attached version of that.
    I want to say that a couple of outfits made these back in the day for the Ruger PC9 and Marlin Camp Carbines. Something along the lines of the buttstock pouches for the M1 Carbine.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I want to say that a couple of outfits made these back in the day for the Ruger PC9 and Marlin Camp Carbines. Something along the lines of the buttstock pouches for the M1 Carbine.
    Uncle mikes made one.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Switched out the mag wells tonight before getting the magazine release set for a left hander. Two questions:

a) has anyone switched the safety to a left hand friendly version? I’ve been spoiled by having changed them around on my 870s;

Thanks
    You might want to contact https://olongapooutfitters.com/ to see if they have something that might work. If they don't stock an item that'll work, they may make something for you.

Checked the places mentioned, no one is cataloging anything yet. With the variety of extensions &/or aftermath extended capacity magazines, I'm not sure a one size fits all could be done w/out using elastic or really extended flaps. Thanks.

Last night I ordered Taccom's mag funnel and replacement sight rail.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Stumbled across these guys - looks like there’s some positive parts to check out. One thing I noted is that they have an oversized mag release that will release with a hit of the palm, and also one that will release with the trigger finger. The magwell looks interesting too.

Palm mag change
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uiYdxM8wICs

Trigger finger mag release/magwell/oversized charging handle
    Attachment 25527

https://taccom3g.com/product-tag/ruger-pc-carbine/

Website seems to have some issues right now, but an image search pulls up some cool goodies. In the meantime, this cached result should give a good idea of what’s out there:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ger-pccarbine/
    So that's how you put that plastic extender thing on the gun... fair enough I'll have to give that a go. I tried it that way and it just seemed like there wasn't enough stability on the plastic lever thing to actually let the mag be dropped.

If there is money to be made, someone will respond. I don't own a PCC, but a friend of mine does and I've shot his. It was definitely fun. While there is nothing wrong with making something that is just fun with no practical purpose, I don't think that is the case with the Ruger. Hopefully I don't ramble or make this too long, but in it's current configuration, it is very PC as in politically correct, but it has a lot of potential. I think of it much like an upsized 10/22 in it's potential. I think Ruger made a pragmatic and brilliant choice to include a Glock mag compatible mag well, and give it a conventional stock so it is legal everywhere. However....

Magpul. Magpul really primed the pump with their Backpacker stock for the 10/22. Some people set them up as survival rifles, lots of people get them because they LOOK like a survival rifle. Even though they never really do anything to set it up as such. Just as many Jeeps never leave the road. The point is, they sell. Everyone I've ever spoken to who owns a Ruger PCC is waiting with bated breath for Magpul to announce their Backpacker stock for the PCC. I truly think Magpul will make one and I would not be surprised if Ruger worked with them on the idea and offered a Magpul version of the PCC at some point.

Charger/pistol version. I personally think that the 10/22 Charger in it's stock form is one of the most useless firearms on the market. However, Copper Custom came out with a $50 adaptor for the synthetic stocked Charger that allowed the user to install an AR15/M4 receiver extension or brace. With the ATF ruling that an SB Tactical brace does not become a stock when shouldered, the faux-SBR market has boomed. It makes the Charger a very short and handy rifle and a great suppressor host. The same applies to Ruger PCC, especially if there was a factory stock that was set up for a side folding brace.

I know more than one person who has set up a Ruger PCC as a home defense gun in preference to an AR or shotgun. Their rationale is that it has less muzzle blast and recoil than either the AR or shotgun, uses the same magazine as their handgun and isn't too much for the wife (I know, a sexist statement that is often applicable), elderly or teens. A pistol version with a brace makes it much handier for close quarters.

So here at the end, the important take away is not whether you, or I would buy one with a Magpul stock, or a Charger and brace, it is simply whether they will sell or not. I hate the Taurus Judge, but no one can deny that they sell. And if Ruger or Magpul don't step up and offer the product, someone else will. Probably not as good or aesthetically pleasing, but they will. ATI, Tapco, FAB, etc.

I picked up Taccom's magazine well and replacement Weaver sight rail. They arrived within the estimated time.

The magazine well is probably one of the very aftermarket accessories that was really as easy to install as the manf's directions claimed. I'll see about the scope rail week - and courtesy of Ellifritz I've got a quite inexpensive RDS coming to go on it.

Got my PCC back from Ruger. The turnaround on the repair was very quick. From the log the tech worked about 75 minutes with it including test fire and returned it the same. They replaced the bolt head, extractor, and ejector.

It now runs on all the standard pressure ammo I tried (115 Winchester, 147 Speer FMJ, 147 Federal FMJ, 147 Federal HST, from any of the magazine lengths.

+P is still a no-go, causing stovepipes. I had hoped it would run on the 124gr+P Gold Dots because the numbers looked good out of a 16" barrel.

But I carry standard pressure 147 HST and 147gr is all I buy so I'll just live with that and be happy. -ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    And there are still no magwell adapters for other pistolas...
    An adapter for Beretta 92 mags would be a nice option...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List